26:Surprise

Candy

Well it's official today is my last day working at the hospital for the remainder of my pregnancy.

I'm almost seven months.

Eventhough I planned to work until I was close to my due date and my doctor gave me the thumbs up. I decided it was best to do my maturity leave.

It's for the best since it will get me away from Mike who was crossing the line just enough for me to notice but I can't call him out on his shit.

Hopefully me being gone for awhile he'll get bored and find someone else. But also I know that eventhough Tristan won't admit it but this whole Mike situation is getting him too.

I was about to clock out and go ahead and leave early since I already got the ok from my boss. When Nikki came up to me on my way out she had a grin on her face.

"Hey are you fixing to leave?" She asked.

I nodded.

"Yea I am."

Honestly being pregnant I was tired and just wanted to go home and get in the bed while enjoying my quiet time before the kids got home from school.

"Oh before you go could you come with me to the break room.

I looked at her confused.

"Um.. I kinda."

"Come on it won't take long." She reassured me.

I shrugged.

"Ok fine."

So I followed her to the break room.

"There's no one in here and the lights were off.

This scene was very familiar to me that's all I'm going say.

"Just relax." Nikki said as she opened the door and flipped the light switch.

"SURPRISE!"

That was all I heard as I seen a group of nurses that I worked with a few I knew but there was still some fresh faces that I haven't seen before.

Looking around the room I noticed pink balloons and streamers and a sign that read

It's a girl! In bold pink letter.

"Aww this is so sweet." I gushed.

I honestly haven't even thought of a baby shower.

I looked over at Nikki.

"How..?"

"You know me I'm full of surprises."

"That you are." I laughed.

So instead going home I ended up enjoying myself at the baby shower opening gifts and eating cupcakes with everyone not keeping track of time.

I opened my purse and grabbed my phone when I noticed I had three missed calls from Tristan.

He never called this many times unless it was an emergency or he's high and locked himself out of the house. But since he's at work I knew it wasn't that.

I excused myself and made my way into the hallway and called him back.

He answered on the first ring.

"Why weren't you answering your phone." Was the first thing he said.

"Damn you can't say hey."

"I called you three times."

"Nikki planned a baby shower for me last minute and I lost track of time."

There was a pause.

"Anyway the school called and they want us both to come up there.

"For what?" I questioned.

"I don't know they said its best best discussed in person."

"Ok I'll be on my way."

"Ok."

After that he hung up seeming  irritated or something.

I said my goodbyes and rushed out the hospital and made my way to school.

Once I got there I seen Tristan made there before me we made our way inside.

"So how was it,"he asked as we walked down the hall to the deans office.

"It was good." I told him.

"Was Mike there?"

I looked at him crazy and half tempted to cuss him out but a group of kids walked by us.

"No actually he wasn't even at the hospital today." I told him.

I walked up and opened the deans door without knocking they looked surprised but I didn't care as I noticed Cody was sitting in a chair.

I looked at him and I could see the guilt on his face.

Tristan walked in behind me.

The dean looked at us.

"Take a seat."

Tristan and I both sat down.

"So what's going on?"Tristan asked.

"Your son and some other students were caught with drugs on campus when asked who the drugs belonged to no one would confess and we suspect it was your son."

I was shocked.

"What drugs what are you talking about?"

The dean went into their desk and pulled out a clear bag of weed and placed on the table.

"They were caught with this."

I looked over at Cody.

"Mom..

"Shut up!" I told him.

"We could cops."

"There's no need to do that we will handle this." Tristan jumped in.

I looked over at him.. something wasn't adding up.

The dean sighed.

"Your son is suspended and may have to repeat his junior year."

"What that's not fair it's not mine!"
Cody protested.

"Cody I'm not gonna tell you again." I snapped.

"We will handle it from here."
Tristan said.

After that we got up and walked out of the office.

So what y'all think?

Is Tristan secretly jealous or something?

Do you think the weed was Cody's?

Where did he get it from?