3:Time is ticking

I was at the hospital sitting in a doctors office the room was silent except for the sound of the clock ticking on the wall next to me

I was at the hospital sitting in a doctors office the room was silent except for the sound of the clock ticking on the wall next to me. I had my hands in laps waiting for the doctor to come back in.

The look in my kids faces as I left earlier this morning did get to me, but I don't want anybody to see me like this not even Candy, and she's seen me at worse. While I was stuck in thought, the doctor walked into the room holding a folder.

"Mr. Michels," he looked at me.

"So what are my results?" I asked hoping the news wasn't bad.

The look on his face told me something else.

He cleared his throat and looked at me.

"I got some bad news..."

"What is it?" I asked holding my breath.

"Even though we removed the tumor the infection is still there.' He informed me.

"Can I do another surgery and remove it," I asked.

The doctor shook his head.

"It's too deep if we do anything you will lose about eighty percent of your brain function."

"So basically I would be vegetable i said summing things up for him

He nodded.

"Are there any other options I asked

"Only thing I can give you is some pills, but even then chances are slim."

I felt my heart drop.

"What are you saying," I was clinging to the edge of my seat.

He had a grim expression.

"You have a year or less to live."

I looked down not saying anything feeling defeated.

"Is there anything else you wanted to ask?"

I shook my head.

Being told I have less than a year to live doesn't put in me in the mood to talk about anything else.

"No I'm fine I said standing up and walking out of the doctor's office.

It was raining outside as I walked to my truck the sky was grey, and the air was cold as I got inside started it up and pulled off from the hospital.

As I was driving on my home, I tried calling Candy but there was no answer since her house was right before mine I stopped by to see that driveway was empty I'm assuming she took the kids out to do something since I left.

So I pulled out and went to my house as I parked and was about to get out I saw Candy's Tahoe pull up into her driveway I watched as her and the kids got out they were all laughing and talking carrying shopping bags.

Just watching them filled my heart with warmth a warmth that I wanted to have even in my last days.

I realized I wanted my family back I wanted my wife back but could I get things right before times run out.

Once they went inside the house, I got out of my truck and did the same.

Tristan is sick

will he swallow his pride and finally be upfront about it to his family.