three;

❅

'Did you end up getting your results?' Jungkook asked his friend before he took a big bite out of his chicken burger.
Taehyung nodded, his mouth full of fries. He swallowed them down before speaking. 'I got them a few weeks ago,'
Jungkook's mouth fell open. 'And you didn't think of telling me?'
But how was Taehyung supposed to tell his best friend that he had a tumour in his brain.
The boy shrugged his shoulders tiredly, not wanting to tell Jungkook. He popped a fry into his mouth. 'It's nothing serious anyway,' he lied to him, again.
'Serious or not,' Jungkook said sternly, looking at Taehyung with worry, 'I want to know the news. So, next time you have an appointment, you tell me what they say. Okay?'
Taehyung looked down at his plate, nodding slowly. 'Okay.'
'Good, he said, 'I want to make sure you're good and healthy,' he grinned a bunny smile, a smile that made Taehyung's heart leap.
He averted his eyes from Jungkook, not wanting him to see the admiration that he had for Jungkook in his eyes.
'It's me and you,' Jungkook continued, catching Taehyung's attention. 'We do this life thing together.'
Taehyung nodded again, not finding the energy to or the guts to say anything to him, afraid that he might break down if he did.
Do it now, he told himself. Do it before it's too late.
Taehyung shrugged off the voice in his head, telling himself that he still had more time, that he wasn't going to die tomorrow.
'Maybe I should get checked out too,' Jungkook then said, looking down at his plate. 'I've been feeling a little tired lately, almost too weak.' He then shook his head, dark locks falling into his eyes, which he blew away instantly. 'It's impossible though, I haven't changed anything. I get enough sleep, I eat well, I work out, so why am I feeling so exhausted all the time?'
Worry filled Taehyung, he stared at Jungkook intently, as if he himself could figure out what was wrong with the boy.
'Maybe you need to change your diet, or you're not eating enough.' He suggested. 'Are you stressed?'
Jungkook shook his head. 'The only think I'm stressed about is your health, Tae. I'm worried about you.'
Taehyung's heart clenched and he wanted to just spill it out now, to tell him everything that he had felt since he had laid eyes on him. But he couldn't.
'Don't be worried about me,' Taehyung said dryly, swallowing down the words he wanted to say instead. 'I'm completely fine.'
'You don't look fine.' Jungkook mumbled, pointing at Taehyung with a fry. 'You've lost so much weight, and your skin looks dull.' Jungkook folded his hands before him, staring at Taehyung with glassy eyes. 'Are you sure that everything is alright? You can tell me, Taehyung. You can tell me anything.'
Taehyung nodded. 'I'm sure.' He lied again, not baring the thought of having to tell him. The amount of worry it would put him through. He was already feeling exhausted and Taehyung would just add on to that. He didn't want to be excess weight.
Jungkook nodded, however he didn't believe his friend. There was something that Taehyung wasn't telling him.
He just hoped that he would tell him soon, before it was too late.

-
DRAFT VERSION

I'm really sad about writing this, it breaks my heart