Fantasy 2nd Place Winner-Kiahni_C

Kiahni_C- The Black Taint 

Title: 5/5

Original and simple. Excellent title. Black Taint can tell many different things to readers and it makes them want to find out what Black Taint really means in your story. I was wondering about it myself too.

Blurb: 9/10

The blurb was simply wonderful. I saw a sentence you could remove from the blurb. It's the last paragraph, the last sentences. It can give the story a twist that readers weren't expecting to find and further increase the curiosity of the readers. The last sentences in your blurb is also overused. It lost most of its meaning. I would really suggest you to remove the last paragraph or sentence.

Cover: 5/5

I loved your cover, but it felt unrelated. It could be symbolism and that would make it even better.

Plot: 20/20

The plot was perfect. I loved your style of writing. Your tautology was explosive and perfect. Excellent work! Your pacing was realistic

Characterization: 20/20

The characters were very well written. They jumped off the page for me and I could feel them coming to life with your descriptions. You show the basic movements of each character; I feel like I'm there, watching them and their story unfold.

Creativity/Originality: 10/10

Creativity was spot-on. No complaints or suggestions. Perfect. My mind blew away with your usage of each situation and the execution of your plot brought out its creativity to its fullest, no, I'm sure it can be more explosive and beautiful.

Spelling/Grammar: 14.5/15

Wonderful grammar. I'll be honest, I couldn't find even a handful of mistakes. Excellent grammar. I saw a few, just a little bit of errors.

Enjoyment: 4/5

I enjoyed it, but it wasn't really very deep into me; as in the reader couldn't take too much from the story.  I loved it, nonetheless.

Literary devices: 5/5

Literary devices were used very nicely and were stupendous.

Description: 5/5

Easy-to-read descriptions. Wonderful sense of deep writing. The scene was unraveled right in front of me. Your spine-chilling descriptions made me turn the next page to the next page. I told myself, "I'm not going to turn the next page", but I did. You made me turn the page. A hard feat for even published, publically praised books—not that all of them are good.

Total: 97.5/100