Sick

Peter hasn't gotten sick since he got bit. He had a much stronger immune system then normal people. So when he arrived at school pale and looking like he was gonna pass out, Ned and MJ knew something was wrong. "Hey man, are you okay?" Ned quietly asked. "No." Peter said quietly. "You don't look so good loser." MJ said. Peter groaned. "Of course I don't, how am I gonna hide this from Mr. Stark?" "Just don't go today." Ned quipped. "I have to Ned, May's working late again." Peter said. "At least I have all my classes with you guys." "You know it." Ned said, slinging his arm around his friend. Peter smiled at him tiredly.

Throughout the day, Peter got progressively worse, to a point where he could barley stand without his friends supporting him. Flash noticed how bad Peter looked, and left him alone for once. At least they didn't have gym. He slept through almost all his classes, Ned and MJ waking him just before the bell each time, making sure they weren't caught. What the three didn't know, was that all the teachers noticed Peters friends basically carry him from class to class, but knew that May was working, and he had no one else. So they just marked him here, and didn't call on him.

After school, Ned and MJ brought him to Happy's car, and carefully placed him to the backseat. "Thanks for everything guys." Peter said, his eyes slightly unfocused. "No problem man, get some more sleep, okay?" Ned said, concerned for his best friend. Peter nodded. His friends smiled at him and walked away. "What happened kid?" Happy asked. "Nothing's. Jus' don' feel so great." Peter slurred. Happy looked back at him, concerned.

When they got to the Tower, Peter attempted to get out on his own. "Uh, no, kid. You can't even walk on your own." Happy said. "I'll help you." "But-" "No buts kid, you look like death." Happy got out, opened the door, and helped Peter out of the car. Peter basically collapsed into his arms, unable to support himself. Happy caught him, "Jeez kid, how'd you get through the day?" Happy said, helping Peter inside and into the elevator. "My friends, I think I slept through most classes..." Peter slurred. Happy shook his head. "Peters room Friday please." Happy said. "Yes sir." The elevator started moving up to the penthouse. "You don' need to do this Happy..." Peter said. "Kid, you couldn't get out of the car if you tried." Happy said. Peter eyes fluttered closed, then flicked back open. "Hold on a little longer kid, were almost to your room." Happy said, noticing the boys exhaustion. Peter nodded. He just wanted his bed. Happy placed a hand on his forehead. "Jeez, you've got a decent fever kiddo." Happy said. Peter laid his head on Happy's shoulder, unaware of what he was doing, he just couldn't hold it up anymore. "Just one more floor bud, were almost there." Happy said, rubbing Peters back.

The elevator opened into Peters room. Peter imedietly lurched for the bed. "Hey, you've got to change first kiddo." Happy said, grabbing a sweatshirt and some sweat pants from his dresser. "Can you change on your own?" Happy asked concerned. Peter nodded. "Yeah. Jus'... I can't get to the bathroom, so could you jus'... turn around?" Happy nodded and turned his back.

A few minutes later, Peter had finished and sat down in his bed. "You can turn around now." Peter said, exhausted. Happy turn back around and looked at the teen superhero on the bed. Happy gently pushed him down, and covered him with a few blankets. He grabbed a bucket, and set next to his bed on the floor. "Get some sleep, okay? I'm gonna tell boss that you can't work today." Peter nodded, eyes closing. Happy patted his shoulder, and walked out.

In the lab, Tony was just working on a minor project, waiting for Peter. "Hey, Boss, Peter can't work today." Happy said from the doorway. "What? Why not?" Tony said, concerned. "He can't even stand without help, had a pretty high fever, and slept basically all day, and is still absolutely exhausted." Happy replied. "How did he sleep all day? He was at school!" "He said he slept through most classes, and his friends woke him up to get him to the next class." Happy said. "Can I see him?" Tony asked. "Sure. He's in his room." Happy said. Tony got up and went to his room.