Nightmares

Nightmares. 

The Avengers had nightmares. Every single one of them. Even the not original ones. Tony, Steve, Bucky, Wanda, Clint, everyone. Especially Peter. He's the youngest one, and he's struggled with insomnia his whole life. But being a superhero and dealing with PTSD and insomnia meant he got very little sleep to begin with. But after he moved into the compound after May was shot in a mugging, he'd taken it upon himself to help everyone else with their nightmares. They didn't know about his, after all, insomnia kept him up all night. Even Tony doesn't have insomnia, he just doesn't want to face his nightmares. He's gotten so much better since Peter moved in. All the alcohol had been removed from the tower, and he actually sleeps.

It was 1:35am, and Peter couldn't sleep, like usual. He'd taken his meds, listened to an audiobook, listened to music, concentrating on his breathing, reading a book, etc. He'd tried everything he could think of, and couldn't sleep, so here he was, on his StarkPad, reading fanfiction, and watching Netflix and Youtube. "Mr. Parker, Bucky is having a nightmare, and Steve is struggling to keep him under control. As you are the only one awake, I have been told to request you to help." Peter shot out of bed. "Of course I'll help, thanks Fri." He then bolted off to Bucky's room. When he ran in, Bucky was thrashing everywhere, and Steve was having a hard time. Peter launched himself across Bucky's thrashing body, going for the flesh arm. That was a mistake. The metal arm flew up and latched around his throat. Peter immediately started prying his fingers off. He got them off after a minute. This time, he went for the metal arm. He held that down to the bed, while Steve worked on calming him down and getting him back to sleep.

After Steve got him back to a calm state, Peter got off, breathing heavily. Steve looked at him, and actually realize who it was. "Peter, what are you doing up? I didn't realize it was you who was up." Peter looked at him. "Er, I was just, er, doing homework!" Steve looked at him weird. "Okay, well, go back to bed, okay?" Peter nodded, rubbing at his throat. Steve looked at it, and saw the hand shaped bruises on it. His eyes widened. Peter went back to his room. "Friday, tell me if anyone else is having a nightmare." "Yes Mr. Parker." Peter went back to YouTube.

"Sir, Clint seems to be having a nightmare. He's in his room." "Thanks Fri." Peter said, then hurried in. Clint was thrashing about and whimpering. With him, it's best to wake him up, Peter thought. He ran to his bed, and started shaking Clint hard. "Hey, Clint, wake up. It's not real." Clint grabbed at something and swiped at Peter. "What the heck Clint?!?!" Peter cried out, his fingers poking the cut on his arm. He slapped Clint around the face. Clint shot up, breathing heavy. "Since when do you sleep with a knife?" Peter said, confused. "W-what?" Clint said. "Never mind, I'm going back to my room. See you in the morning." Peter said, and left.

All night, Peter ran around waking people up, comforting them, and other stuff. When he finally and woken almost everyone in the tower. The same happened every night for the rest of the week.

"Guys, why is it always Peter?" Tony asked them one day while Peter was at school. "He's always there, waking me up." "Same" Clint said. "Does he get any sleep?" Steve asked. "Mr. Parker has had about 30 minutes of sleep this week." Friday said. "What?!?!" Everyone cried out. "Does he have nightmares??" Natasha asked. "No, I don't think so." Bruce said. "He doesn't sleep long enough to get them."

When Peter came home from school, everyone was sitting in the living room. "Uh, what's going on?" Peter said. If you looked at him, you wouldn't know how little sleep he gets. "Peter, why aren't you sleeping?" Tony asked, concerned. Peter sighed. "You figured it out huh? Well, I have insomnia. So when I do sleep, it's not restful, and when it's full of nightmares, it's even less so. I've tried everything, but nothing works. So I basically run on sugar and caffeine." Peter said, sitting down on the couch. "How long have you had insomnia?" Bruce asked, surprised that is wasn't in his medical files. "My whole life." Peter said, bored. He had a lot of homework that he needed to do. "What?!?!" Tony asked. "Yeah, it sucks. Can I go do my homework now?" Peter got up and left. "How did we not notice?" Wanda said softly.

Peter was doing his homework in his room, when his eyes started to droop. Wanting to take sleep when he could get it, he moved to his bed. He fell asleep quickly.

A few hours later, "Boss, Peter appears to be in distress." Tony looked at everyone, and they all ran into his room. "No....No...Please.....I'm sorry......It's all my fault..... NO!!" Peter cried out and whimpered in his sleep. He was curled in a ball, but when he screamed, he stared thrashing, screaming. "Peter!!! Peter wake up!!!" Tony yelled. Steve ran over and held Peter's arms to the mattress. Peter kept screaming, thrashing, trying to free himself. Clint walked over and slapped him around the face hard. Peter' eyes shot open, and he fought to get out of Steve's grip even harder, "No! Don't!! It's all my fault, I'm sorry!!!" "Peter, Peter, it's okay, it's just us." Nat said soothingly. Peter shook his head, crawling to get away. "He's still not in reality." Bruce said softly. "Peter, it's Tony, Steve, Bucky, Bruce, Nat, Wanda and Clint. You're in your room in the tower, and you had a nightmare. It's okay, we aren't going to hurt you." Bruce said, stepping closer, speaking softly. Peter's eyes focused, and he slowly stood up from the corner. "Sorry." Peter said, voice raw from screaming. "Don't be sorry." Tony said. "Gosh, kid, that was worse than Bucky's nightmares." Steve said. Peter nodded. "Insomnia amplifies everything, so it's harder to come back to reality." Peter said softly. Nat hugged him tightly. Tony and Bruce looked at each other, silently agreeing to make Peter something that would help him sleep, if it was the last thing they did. He's too young to be tortured like that. 

And that's the first one!!! DO NOT SPOIL ENDGAME, I HAVEN'T SEEN IT YET. I want to so badly. Read, vote, and comment!!!!!