Monster

Ever since I could remember,
Everything inside of me,
Just wanted to fit in (Oh oh oh oh)
I was never one for pretenders,
Everything I tried to be,
Just wouldn't settle in (Oh oh oh oh)
If I told you what I was,
Would you turn your back on me?
And if I seem dangerous,
Would you be scared?
I get the feeling just because,
Everything I touch isn't dark enough
If this problem lies in me
I'm only a man with a chamber who's got me,
I'm taking a stand to escape what's inside me.
A monster, a monster,
I've turned into a monster,
A monster, a monster,
And it keeps getting stronger.
Can I clear my conscience,
If I'm different from the rest,
Do I have to run and hide? (Oh oh oh oh)
I never said that I want this,
This burden came to me,
And it's made it's home inside (Oh oh oh oh)
If I told you what I was,
Would you turn your back on me?
And if I seem dangerous,
Would you be scared?
I get the feeling just because,
Everything I touch isn't dark enough
If this problem lies in me
I'm only a man with a chamber who's got me,
I'm taking a stand to escape what's inside me.
A monster, a monster,
I've turned into a monster,
A monster, a monster,
And it keeps getting stronger.
I'm only a man with a chamber who's got me,
I'm taking a stand to escape what's inside me.
A monster, a monster,
I've turned into a monster,
A monster, a monster,
And it keeps getting stronger.

Peter ended the song with a heavy heart. That's what he was. A monster. The press is getting harder and harder to ignore. Same with Flash. He hated that all he does is save people, and help them, but they call him a menace. I'm not a menace, he reminded himself. It was getting harder and harder to believe it. He doesn't feel accepted by the team, just feels like a burden. He tries so hard to make them proud, but he feels like he can never meet their expectations. He lowered his head onto the piano keys, trying not to cry. "Kid....." A voice said softly. He felt arms wrap around his wait. Peter turned around and cried into whoever was holding him's shoulder. "Hey, hey, hey. It's okay." He realized it was Tony. "I-I'm sorry. I'm sorry I can't be a hero. I'm sorry I'm just a burden. I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry." Peter cried out. "Kid, you are an amazing hero. Everyday you save lives. You've saved people from being raped, shot, stabbed, I could go on. You are not a burden, never have, never will be." Peter shook his head. "Everyone thinks I'm a menace." "No, kid, not everyone. We are going to have a massive press conference with you as Spidey, and address everything." "Really?" Peter asked. "Really. Now come on, it's 2 am, let's get you to bed." Peter nodded. "Carry me?" Tony sighed. How could he not say yes to those adorable brown eyes. "Fine." Tony lifted Peter up. Peter wrapped his legs around Tony's waist, and buried his face in his neck. Tony slipped his arms around Peter's legs to support his body, and carried him up to his room. Peter had fallen asleep by the time they got there, so Tony just laid him down on the bed. Tony left the room softly, and went to bed himself.

Awwwwww, fluff. Hope you enjoyed!!