CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN

A/N: Hiya everyone! Here is the next installment of Mine to Take. Thanks to everyone who reviewed/followed/favorited. Much appreciated as always. As promised, your OC Kozi. Please keep it coming. Rated M. :)

CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN

"Well? What do you think?"

Yuna stood in front of the full length mirror to watch her image as she twisted side to side. Two years had passed since Ataru abandoned the village, and during that time Yuna had kept herself occupied. She spent a majority of her time training with her father and studying for the teacher certification exams which she successfully passed earlier that week. To celebrate the new her, Yuna decided to go out and buy herself a new outfit.

Her attire consisted of a crimson off the shoulder crop with a black mesh top underneath, tan pants with a black scarf tied around her waist, and bandages around her right thigh for her kunai holster, crimson arm-warmers and one inch thigh-high black shinobi boots. She wore a red Konoha village forehead protector and tied her hair in a loose french braid with a red ribbon, while still letting two bangs frame her face.

"It's perfect," Yuna smiled. "Thanks so much for getting it to me on such short notice, Kensuke. How much do I owe you?"

He leaned on the counter. "Well, I'll give you a discount if you give me kiss?" He pointed to his cheek. "Right here."

Tama jumped up on the counter, landing with grace despite her large size. "Easy there, Casanova." She frowned. "She's taken and by the Hokage's son nonetheless."

Kensuke let out a nervous chuckle and held up his hands in a placating gesture.

The diamond kunoichi could practically feel the huge sweat drop running down the back of her head. Oh, Tama....

"Speaking of Boruto. When does he come back from his mission?" He looked back to Yuna.

"Hopefully soon," she said sadly. "We've been corresponding via email but it's just not the same. My parents are holding a celebration tomorrow for me passing my teacher certification exams, so it'd be great if he and the others were there."

"Knowing Boruto, he'll be back in time to celebrate with you and your family."

"You're probably right." She said. "Thanks Kensuke."

After paying Kensuke, Yuna grabbed her coat and she and Tama headed outside. While it hardly ever snowed in Konoha given the temperate climate, the December winds carried a freezing bite and tore right through the jacket she was wearing. She might as well have not worn one at all for she was chilled to the bone the second she stepped through the doors and onto the street.

Tama paused momentarily before letting out a heavy sigh.

"He's at it again..."

Yuna too became aware of a familiar presence behind her.

"It would appear so."

"Does he not think I can do my job adequately and watch over you?" she said a little irritated.

Yuna giggled and kneeled down and scratched behind Tama's ears. "I'm sure that's not the case, kitty girl. But you should probably head back to your little ones anyway. No telling what those little rascals have been up to since you've been gone." The caracal shivered at the thought.

"I'm afraid to find out," she muttered. "Will you be alright on your own? That apartment of yours is a little quiet when Boruto is not around. Perhaps you should stay with your parents for a few days, just until he returns. That way you're not lonely."