CHAPTER FIFTEEN

A/N: I was hoping to get this chapter out earlier in the week, but with work, family, and my online gaming fam, it somewhat made that impossible. On the bright side, it's a pretty lengthy chapter. Don't expect the next one to be out as fast as this. I have two different versions of the next chapter and I'm currently wondering which one I should choose. After that, it's smooth sailing. :)

Also note, again. As stated in the first chapter I did say story rating will go up. So here soon it will happen. For those who are eager to read those parts, please be patient. It's coming. :P

Thanks for all the love and support I've received since I've posted. It means a lot. I seriously wanna do a contest sometime. I'm almost at 200 followers on QuoteV with 8000 views. That's pretty dang impressive. So let me know what you all think about the contest idea. I haven't figured out what it would be yet, but if you have ideas, feel free to drop them.

Anyhoo, enough of my rambling. Enjoy. And as always, let me know what you think.

CHAPTER FIFTEEN

No! His scream bounced off the bedroom walls and woke him from his nightmare. He was smothered in sweat. Sitting up, he put his head in his hands as he tried to calm his escalated heart rate and erratic breathing. It had been the same for the last four nights. Glancing at the clock, he saw it was 3:00 a.m.

Clambering out of bed, he wandered downstairs and into the kitchen. There, he filled a glass with water and catch sight of himself, dressed only in pajama pants and a salmon colored shirt, reflected in the glass window at the other side of the room. He turned away in disgust.

You made her cry.

You showed her the darkness.

And you scared her off.

This had needled him for days now. Her beautiful face appeared in his mind without warning, taunting him.

Her disappointment, her wounded indignation, and her contempt remain with him. She walked away without a backward glance.

Maybe he should find some way to apologize, then he could forget about this whole sorry episode and get the girl out of his head. Leaving the glass in the sink, he trudged back to bed.

~MINE TO TAKE~

His alarm jolted to life at 7:15 as he was staring at the ceiling. He hadn't slept and he was exhausted.

Fuck! This is ridiculous.

He could smell the aroma of grilled fish and miso soup wafting from the kitchen as he clambered out of bed to start another monotonous day. After showering, he threw on a pair of pants and a short-sleeved shirt before going down to breakfast.

By the time he got to the table, his mother and little sister were already eating. He took one bite of his food, then pushed his breakfast around on his plate.

"Is the food okay, Boruto?"

"Food is great, mom. I'm just not that hungry."

"Is something wrong?"

He paused. "I screwed things up with her..." he said quietly.

"Her? You mean Sarada?"

Boruto shook his head. "No," he said. "Yuna."

"So it's true?" Himawari piped up.

Boruto gave his sister an exasperated stare. "What's true?"

"That Yuna is your girlfriend?"