Chapter #28: The Lion Demon.

On the previous chapter...-

Ciel was about to answer her small interrogation, but soon closed his mouth and glared intensely at something behind her; Sebastian noting what his Young Master was scowling at and swiftly took out his silverware out of his black coat.

(Y/n) didn't even bother to peer over her shoulder as she felt a shiver run down her spine, suddenly noticing a dark malign shadow hovering over her frame. A few strands of brown hair tickled her cheek, meaning that someone was behind her. The figure leaned down to press his lips against her ear slowly, only making (Y/n) shriek on her place. The person behind her breathed softly, not daring to move from his position as he opened his mouth, showing his white fangs as he muttered:

"...Surprise."

↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠

(Y/n) let out a small shriek once Ciel grasped her hand and pulled her closer to his chest in a protective manner. The (h/c) haired girl flickered her trembling gaze towards the male that stood behind her a few seconds ago and the color of her face was instantly drained - her features ending up on a pale tone due to the horror that she was experimenting. "I-It's you!" she managed to stutter out, her hands trembling just like her irises were.

Ciel and Sebastian gazed down at (Y/n) with their eyes fluttered open widely in astonishment. "What do you mean by that, (Y/n)? Do you know him?" The demon butler questioned her, his symmetrical eyebrows furrowing in deep thought. The 21st-Century girl eventually nodded, slowly snapping away from her paralyzed state.  She pointed at him with her index finger and said:

"H-He's the one that tried to take my soul!"

The fog began to scatter away, letting the silhouette be seen more clearly. The man that once hid on the fog wore black trousers that fit well on his long slender legs, a six-button double-breasted tailcoat that hugged his slightly muscular form just right, a gray vest, a long gold-colored tie tied neatly, a pair of black polished shoes and white gloves - an exact replica of Sebastian's uniform except for the gold-colored tie, of course. His porcelain yet manly features framed his face neatly, his piercing honey-like eyes and the scar on his left eye standing out. His quite tall stature made his appearance even more intimidating, matching the cryptic aura that surrounded his persona. 

The male's thin lips twitched up into a devilish smirk once she heard the girl's last statement. "Oh, so you do remember me? I'm glad," he said, his deep husky voice ringing charmingly on the human's ears. "I even kept the same appearance so you could recognize me, knowing that we were going to meet again. And here we are, guess I was right."

Ciel scoffed and glared up at the tanned male with his own piercing stare. "Are you by any chance the demon that protects the gem? The Lion Demon?" he questioned, keeping a strong grip on (Y/n)'s hand so the male wouldn't take her away from them. 

The brunette hummed quietly, placing his hands inside the pocket of his black trousers and shrugged. "I don't know what gem you are talking about, shorty," he mused, his taunting gaze firmly fixed on the young Earl - faking ignorance regarding the subject. Ciel lowly snarled at him. 

"You're the only demon around this area, so it's utterly obvious that you are the Lion demon that Miss Birgitte talked about," Sebastian commented in a stern voice, his dull maroon irises glaring daggers at the male. 

"So you talked with Birgitte?" His half-lidded golden irises flickered towards the crow demon with curiosity, scoffing afterward. "Then... hm... yes," The honey-eyed demon straightened his posture, making him appear taller than he already seemed. "I am the Lion demon, one of the four that protects the Gates of Hell and the gem of Go Away and... something." He furrowed his eyebrows. "I can't remember that long-ass name; just who named the gem? Why couldn't they choose a shorter name?" he stated, a frustrated look on his features after he tried to recall the name of the gemstone.