Chapter 65

Christmas Day-Continued

We hotfoot it back up to the veranda just in time to see them all coming up the garden path towards us. Whew, timed that perfectly. I flip the CD on the table as I go over to meet up with them. "So, did Steve and Bonnie give you the 50 cent tour or the dollar tour of the island?" 

Everyone chuckles, "Gigi and Prince, this place is absolutely stunning, what a gem of a place. We received the $100.00 tour, complemented with wonderful VIP treatment. After enjoying the gardens, we took a break with a fruit drink in the Pergola before walking along the beach. I saw the famous beach cabana you've been telling me all about. It felt so serene and relaxing down at the beach. I can see why you love it there so much hearing the surf breaking on the shore." 

"I'm so happy you had a nice leisurely stroll around the estate. We have a surprise for you at the table. Please, come take a seat with us." I pick up the CD while Giles helps Snookie gets seated comfortably. "Snookie, we made this CD especially for you. Merry Christmas!" 

She smiles big and wide, "Is that those lullabies you were singing to the twins?" I nod with a candid smile. What she doesn't know is, between the songs are the twins jibbering and jabbering to each other their own special language. He recorded it for me when he kidnaped me down here to take a break to get well. She is so elated to have a CD she can play at any time she needs to rest. 

"Thank you both for this special gift. I will treasure and enjoy it more than you will ever know. It is such a thoughtful gift. Thanks again so much." We chat for a while until Nanny brings the twins down to us all decked out in their swim gear, ready for their afternoon swim. 

"Snook, did you bring a swimsuit to join us swimming with the babies?" Looking at me a bit bewildered, "No, G, but I'd love to watch. I don't think I've ever seen infants swim." We have our suits on under our clothes. 

"Bonnie & Steve, are you joining us for our Christmas swim?" Ecstatic, they are suited up and ready to go, Nanny too. All of us have been anxiously waiting to take a swim today like we do almost every day with them. We take to the pool for a short swim with the twins, Snookie, along with Giles watching intently. Giles helps Snookie take her shoes off and get situated on the edge of the pool, dangling her feet in the water to watch closer. When we twirl them underwater, she gasped, "Oh, no! They will drown." I heard her say. 

The twins came up like they always do loving it. We placed them on their float pads and float them over to Snookie to watch them while they take a rest break. "Gigi, isn't that dangerous for them to go underwater? I mean, won't the water get up their little noses and make them sick?" "No, it's good for them and as you see they love it. After they rest a few minutes, we have a dance routine we do with them to finish up. You'll get a kick out of it." 

My husband gets out to cue up the music for the dance segment on my cell phone that plays through speakers on the pool patio. After he gets back in the pool with all of us, the song cues up to play. After a few bars, he sings to the music while we start to dance in the water with the babies:

You bring me joy
When I'm down
Oh, so much joy
When I lose my way your love comes smiling on me

I saw your face
And then I knew
We would be friends
I was so afraid when your eyes, they'd say 'come to me'

So I'd say to you
"Can we talk for a while? "
You'd say "alright"
When you love me, I smile
I feel your hands and you feel mine
You bring me joy

You bring me joy
Don't go too far away
If I can't see your face, I will remember your smile

But can this be right
Always said we'd be friends
I get lonely sometimes and I'm mixed up again
'Cause you're the finest thing I've seen in all my life
You bring me joy

My joy, my joy
Oh, baby, this is gonna be what you wanted life to be
I just love you, I just love you, can't you see
That you're the finest I've seen in all my life
You bring me joy

My joy... you're my joy
My joy... my, my joy

Thank you, baby, thank you, baby
I just love you, baby
When I lose my way, your love comes smiling on me