Chapter 59

Gigi POV

I was exhausted from all the activity of the day. He nudges me awake in time to go up to the house to take over feeding and caring for the twins. After making sure the twins are sound asleep we head down to the studio to work on some of the music I gave him from my head. 

It was really easy to get it all laid down and he even played it back on the keyboard for me. What a beautiful tune after he added his part to it. We could hear the twins jabbering on the monitor and it was getting close to their feeding time so we put the song on hold for now. The lyrics are the only thing left to do. I'm sure he will have just the right words to add to the music. He really is the best lyricist, actually a poet at doing that. I don't think I could ever do that part.

The next day was super busy. He informed me tonight is an extra special 'date night' and told me a party dress would be delivered for me to wear tonight. Some'ums up. A new dress for tonight? I could see a new dress for our Christmas Eve party, but a date night dress? I'm suspicious. 

We manage a restful afternoon nap before dinner. He was insistent of it, and also of the time we had to leave this evening. Before we get all dressed up for dinner out,  he tells me we are attending a Holiday Ball. Do what? A Holiday Ball? "Sweetheart, I thought it was our date night, just the two of us. You are taking me where?"

 A sincere look crosses his face, "Babe, I got this invitation to a Holiday Ball, sponsored by the Optimist club and thought it would be a great way to celebrate and spend the evening with my lovely wife. They always invite all their patrons so this year I thought it would be fun for us to go. I told Nanny we will be out late to not expect us back to feed the twins." Ok, whatever. 

He leaves me to get all dolled up in this over the top ball gown. My jewelry he purchased for me for last year's party beautifully complimented it. 

Waiting for me on the balcony when I come out of my wardrobe, he turns and gazes at me

Waiting for me on the balcony when I come out of my wardrobe, he turns and gazes at me. I walk toward him and can see he is entranced, you know the look. Every time I see that look, it amazes me that my husband still views me that way. 

Slowly, I stop and turn around for him to see the full 360 degrees of new dress he bought for me

Slowly, I stop and turn around for him to see the full 360 degrees of new dress he bought for me. "Baby, you look absolutely stunning. Words cannot describe...without a doubt, you will be the most beautiful woman at the ball tonight." He kisses me softly, "Baby, I love you more and more every day."