chapter 3- Get Out, It's Just A Dream

"Wake up." "Stop smiling, you are creeping me out." "You are drooling, you asshole!" My brother shouted at me as he woke me up. He shouted at me as he made a disgusting face at me for smiling while I slept. So what if I was drooling. So what if I smiled when I slept. Why can't I smile if it was the only dream which I ever wanted to come true! "What is wrong with you, Ananya?" "Why are you thinking about him since yesterday? " "why do you crave his smile and desperately wait for him to make an eye contact with you?" "Shut up, ananya." I shrugged as I woke up from the dream I wished to dream everyday. I blushed to myself and got ready for the day.

Unlike everyday, there was a spark in today's evening. I could not understand what all that was about. But, I could see myself run towards that extreme end of the colony where Raj's house was. Each time the door of his house opened I wished it to be him. I couldn't understand why I did that. That sort of, did creep me out a bit in the beginning but then the moment I saw him, I could not do anything but smile at the mere look of his face. In a sudden breath, I got reminded of the dream I woke up with that day. That dream was the only reason I kept thinking about him since I woke up. "Ananya, what are you doing to yourself?" I asked myself and smiled at the thought of his devilish laughter. Just to look at him without being noticed by anybody was my only motive that day. I went back home early that evening. I just wanted to sleep so that I could dream the same dream over and over again. I couldn't get over with it. What I dreamt was something I could want each day now. That was the answer to all my questions.

I dreamt a lovely beautiful morning with birds chirping and a lot of students gathered beside a river. They all wore a uniform which resembled the uniform I wore to school everyday. There was a river at a side and mountains on the other. The place was lush green. Some of my friends played hide and seek and some played cards, some ran while some chased the ones who ran. It couldn't have been more peaceful. It looked as if the school had arranged a trip for my class to a hill station which I do not remember by name. I played cards with my friends and it was a really special morning. Suddenly, to my mere wit, a card flew out of my hands and into the woods. I could not be anymore irritated by what had just happened. I ran behind it and saw a lot of beautiful flowers and trees on the way. The view was mesmerizing and I could not have thought of anything else but to find out the card and run back to my friends and continue the game.

I ran and to my luck found the card. There was nobody else to be seen. Only a few children hid behind the trees to not get caught in their play of hide and seek. I picked up the card and started to get back to where everybody was and suddenly somebody held me by the wrist and pulled me hard enough towards him. I could not see his face. The view was all blurred in the dream. He snatched away the card from my hand and tore it off. He started laughing loudly and I kept standing there trying to find a suitable reaction to what had just happened. I got so so pissed that I could have easily slapped him there and then. There was nobody in the world whom I hated that much at that moment. I wished I could kick his ass off. I realized that there was nobody other than just one person whom I had hated so much that I would want to kill him. When I started to relate the situations, the face was no more blurred. I could make out the face I saw then. It was the same face I hated when I wasn't in a dream. It was that pathetic face I wanted to kill since I was 8. And now I was 13. Yes, it was him. It was Raj, period!

Till the time I could get back to understanding what had just happened, I pulled myself away from that pathetic person. I turned around and started to walk away but he pulled me by the waist, and kissed me. He kissed me soft. He kissed me like there was nothing else to be seen. I could feel his soft lip kiss my lower lip for the first few seconds. Then the upper lip. Then biting the lower one and making love to the sight, I closed my eyes. With the kiss to have ended, we pulled away and I looked him into the eye. And the world turned and brought me back to my senses wide and awake. I could not believe what I had seen. When I saw my brother giggling and making a dumb face at me, I realized it was just a dream. I realized that if a dream could be this good, how would the real image of being so close to Raj be. I thought to myself and kept on thinking about it unless I got an answer to what had happened. the muscles in my mind contracted and gave me an adrenaline rush each time I thought about it. I wanted this to be each day of my life. "That is what you need." "Do you get your answers yet?" "Don't you know what this all is about?" "Do you want to shout it as loud as possible?" "Tell the world that you are in love with him," I thought to myself.

"WAIT WHAT?!" What did I just..what..wha..how.. "is it true? Are you in love with him?" "How can this possibly happen?" "You are so doomed." OH GOD, KILL ME!"""