chapter 1- New and Old.

A raw part of everybody's life remains subtle to the soul. There is a raw part in my life too. In a box, inside my mind, lives a memory which I pushed away from my life. A distant memory which still remains the closest to me. The story of my first nobody.

In the fresh dawn of my early teens, I underwent hatred for humans. Let's go behind in time. I had a lovely childhood and I was admired by everyone who knew me. I was the apple of everybody's life. People around, loved me and I had the best group of friends. No bond could have ever been stronger than ours. It was Rohan, Radhika, Harshita and I. I, Ananya. We were the same age and Rohan was my best friend. He was the first friend of my life. We played stupid games together since we were three. We had a special relationship. I trusted him more than anybody else. Radhika was his younger sister and Harshita was the last to meet us. We were the happiest group in the colony. We made people around us happy too. We spent days at each other's house playing many games. We were the friends with the unbreakable friendship, like they show in the movies. We spent the summers at my place and my mom made us snacks that we could keep on eating whole day. Those were the days without any kind of problems and unwanted thoughts. Nothing other than a game of hide and seek meant anything to us. We played for hours in the tent house I had then. We all were to cute to be hated by anybody. People gave us sweets even when it wasn't a halloweens day. Things then, were so simple and not to think for a long time.

It was a dusty afternoon in the month of August, monsoons, when we rode our bikes and raced till the gates of the colony, willing to be the winner of the play, when we saw a car come in to the colony. Nobody paid attention as cars usually come in and go all the time. It stopped outside the house which had been empty since 4 long years. Nobody ever stayed there. A family of two boys and their parents got down the car with a lot of stuff. It looked as if they had come there for a vacation, if only we knew this vacation would turn into forever.

There were rumors in the society about the new family shifting in due to the financial issues they had at the place where they last stayed at. They lived on they outskirts of the town before and as we got to know, they started to face problems to adjust with the other colony members. Nobody really paid heed to them moving in. Nobody actually cared whatever happened to them until one day people saw them come out and talk to their neighbors, the Gupta's. We got to know that they weren't too bad to start a conversation with. But, none of us from the group, at first wanted, to be friends with the new guys in the colony. We had a pact that we wouldn't let anybody intrude the privacy of our group and that we are the only ones to be a part of this group.

Everything was normal and a month had passed since the family had moved in. One evening while we were playing, both of the new guys came to us and asked us if we would let them also play with us. It was a rainy day and the rainbow had just showed us its presence in the evening sky. We all looked at each other and decided that they could play with us but they wouldn't ever be a part of the group we had. The elder one of the two brothers was Raj and he was my age, while the younger one was Karan and he was my brother, Dev's, age. Raj had a calm but intriguing face, which caught me at a moment. At first, these guys seemed okay to be friends with and to play with. They were friendly as hell and Raj was too good to be true. It seemed as if he needed attention. He never fought with anybody and that was very unreal. Great friends always fight at little issues but he was always so easy going with every decision we made. He was kinda cute at some angles. He spoke in a good manner while Karan spoke really bitter. He was young and possibly had a bad company in his last neighbourhood. Raj was a bit shy but really attentive to whatever he was asked or told. We loved to have them play cricket with us. Moreover, Raj was an awesome batsman and everybody wanted to be in the team he was in.

It was good to have such people play with us, but, how long can someone not be irritated of the fact that they were too perfect to be true. I didn't mind Karan's behaviors as he was really young and has a lot to learn, but Raj, he was too peaceful to be alive. How can somebody be so perfect. I slowly started to get irritated of the fact that he existed. I started to get so annoyed with him that this turned out to be a really devilish hate. Time passed and he started to get famous in the colony. People preferred him over me now. I did not want people love him more than they loved me. How can he take away my position in just a couple of weeks? This bothered me a lot. He was too good in what he played. Rohan and Raj always made teams for the game of cricket as they both played equally great. Rohan knew how much I hated Raj and to tease me, he never counted me in his team and made me go in Raj's team. This was the worst he could do to me. I hated Raj and to play in his captaincy was the last thing I could ever wish for before dying. I never listened to a word he spoke. He started to understand that I hated him. He never reacted to it, instead he used to smile at me which made it much annoying. I couldn't stand that smile or anything which was related to Raj. My friends started to admire him. They called him out to play each day before they called me. How could this happen? How can just any guy take my position and laugh at me at the same time?

I so hated him. I wanted him to be dead. How can this even be true? Nobody is perfect. He was too good to be real. He was too cute to be hated. He had nothing to be hated and that is why I hated him. He was admirable and that made it worse. He took away my friends and that was where he went wrong. I hated how he smiled at me when I rolled eyes at him. The truth was that I was totally intimidated by the fact that he was a step ahead of me in every possible way and that it had only been so less time to have him around. How can he even be trusted so soon? This all was not needed. I needed my friends back. I needed him to go and never ever be seen again. Why would you smile at me? Creep!

Days kept on passing and my hatred for him kept on increasing. There was no day when I didn't hit him on his head for doing things that I always hated. There was no day when I didn't roll eyes at him. There wasn't even a single day when I didn't hate him. He was the worst anybody could ever be and yet, he was loved by all. Such a douche!