Nineteen

Nora's POV- Flashback November 2017

Turns out Chris isn't as perfect as I thought he was. There was a green monster hidden in that calm, quiet body. I had been home for about 3 days now, and all had been well until last night when I got a text from a colleague that I met during my time in India. Dr. Rahul Patel was a Pediatrician who ran the program that I was a part of. During my time there, I got to appreciate the technology that existed back home. We worked with what we had and did our best every single surgery. The kids and young adults that were getting the surgeries were not blind, but they did have abnormalities that needed to get altered so they could see better. I did not get to interact with children back home, so I found this experience super rewarding especially seeing these children return for their check-up days, or a week later and thanking me over and over for 'fixing their eyes'. At the end of my time there, Dr. Patel told me he'd write a letter of recommendation for me for fellowship programs. The text was literally him asking me to check my email because there was a case that he wanted my opinion on. Apparently, Chris did not like that I got a text from a man. He literally glared at my computer while I looked at the medical record. We got into a small argument, and he ended up going home (even though he had said he'd spend the night).

My dad was expecting me and Chris to show up as his guests, and I swear to god if he did not show up he'd hear it from me. I had been trying to reach him all morning and the dick was ignoring me. Just as I was giving up hope, the doorbell rang. I opened the door and stared at Chris before stepping back.

"Does Corey know how to tie a bowtie?"

Hello to you too, Chris.

"I can do it for you" I answered.

He stayed quiet until I finished adjusting his bowtie.

"Can we talk?"

I narrowed my eyes at him.

"So now you want to talk?" I questioned.

He looked at me before nodding.

"Okay, I deserved that"

"Talk," I told him.

"I'm sorry"

"For?" I asked.

"You have friends, and some of them happen to be men. I'm sorry I got jealous"

"Why would you get jealous?" I wondered.

"Have you seen yourself? You're literally the definition of perfect, and I still can't comprehend ho-"

I covered his mouth.

"You're a catch because I say so. If anyone is making you think I'm too good for you then send them my way and I can deal with them" I said.

He slowly nodded as I uncovered his mouth.

"I mean, what's not to like about you?" I asked.

He scrunched up his nose.

"You're kind, you care about others, you're sensitive, whether you admit to it you're really smart, and I can go on but I'll finish it off with you being incredibly handsome" I listed off.

I was wearing heels, so I was a good 3-4 inches taller than usual.

"Dr. Patel was a colleague of mine during my time in India," I told him.

"I figured"

"He's also old enough to be my father" I noted.

I wrapped arm arms around his neck.

"And you could have known that if you hadn't been such a dick last night" I stated.

He slowly nodded.