Sixteen

Nora's POV- July 2019

My parents were nice enough to send Noel and Mary out on a spa day. That meant someone had to keep an eye on Chris, and I couldn't because I had work. Ella volunteered and she sent me a couple of pictures of their day, which consisted of hearing podcasts, gardening, and eating a very yummy looking salad. The last picture had been one of Chris fast asleep on the couch with the text under was not up to going up the stairs to your room, so he's napping on the couch.

I made my way into my parent's house and closed/locked the door before making my way down the hallway. Since I was picking Chris up, mom invited us to stay for dinner. The smell of dinner hit my nose, immediately making my mouth water.

"Hello" I called out as I set my purse down on the couch.

"In the dining room!"

I made my way across the kitchen and into the dining room where Ella, Theo, his girlfriend Karen, Mom, Dad, and Chris were seated.

"Hey" I greeted.

Dad was closest (at the head of the table), so I greeted him first with a kiss on the cheek.

"How was work?"

"Busy, my feet are killing me" I replied.

I kissed Theo's cheek and poked his side before moving on to his girlfriend. 

"Change out of those shoes then"

I scrunched up my nose before kissing mom's cheek.

"Nah, I'll be fine" I assured her.

I gave Chris a quick peck on the lips and then proceeded to wrap my arms around him.

"What's for dinner?" I asked as I looked at each and every one of their plates. 

Stuffed peppers with toasted bread. 

"It follows Chris' diet"

Even though I was hugging Chris, he was still able to eat.

"I would have eaten it either way"

He would have.

"What's there to drink?" I asked before kissing his cheek and letting him go.

"Just get anything you want from the fridge"

I fixed myself up a plate and grabbed some sparkling water before making my way back to the dining room.

"Nora, can I talk to you and Chris after dinner?"

I nodded at Ella's request and began eating. The conversation began up again and I glanced at Chris to see how he was doing. He seemed to not care at all what was going on around him and was eating away. After dinner, Theo went to drop off his girlfriend. Mom went to her and dad's shared office to look through some emails.

"Do you want to stay for a bit?"

Chris was tired, and it was evident. Even though he was trying to play it off, he was taking a little longer than usual to responding to anything anyone asked him.

"I would love to dad, you know I would but Chris has been out all day and I'm sure he wants to be home," I told him.

He smiled and nodded.

"Yeah, of course"

I hugged my dad.

"I also have work tomorrow" I reminded him.

He wrapped his arms around me.

"Why are you all growing up so fast?"

I laughed.

"I'll always be one of your girls" I answered.

"I've been an emotional mess since you told us you were pregnant"

"I have my OBGYN appointment tomorrow" I disclosed.

He smiled.

"I want a picture"

"And you shall get one" I assured him.

He gave me one last squeeze before letting me go.

"Chris, let's head out?" I asked.

As Chris stood up, dad made his way over to say goodbye.

"Mom, we're leaving" I called out as dad pulled Chris into a hug.

"Coming!"

Once we got our hug goodbye, Ella followed Chris and me out.

"So what is it you wanted to talk to us about?" I questioned.

"James is supposed to be flying in this weekend to start on his internship"

Oh, right.

"There's room for him at our house" I assured him.

"Who's James?"

I looked at Chris.

"Ella's boyfriend" I answered.

"Oh"

"He's never been to LA, and well when I helped Ella and Theo move their stuff to a storage room, I met James and we offered up a room so he could come" I explained.

James had been raised by a single mom, and well she raised an incredibly talented and sweetheart of a boy. 

"If we offered up the room, I don't mind telling Noel to share a room with my mom"

The house had four bedrooms. 

"Okay, I'll let him know"

She smiled.

"Both of you give me a hug so you can be on your way"

I was closest, so I gave her a hug.

"Thanks for hanging out with Chris," I told her.

"Of course, I'll drop by frequently to bug him"

Chris chuckled as she let go of me.

"I had a good day, thank you for distracting me"

She hugged his torso.

"No, thank you for helping me seed start for mom's dead garden"

He gave her a final squeeze before she let go of him.

"What, you're not going to cling onto me?"

She smiled.

"When you get better"

He just chuckled and nodded.

"Go away now"

So we did, and once we got home we decided to share a shower. Nothing sexual happened, the only groan that came from Chris was when I was washing his hair for him. After we were both showered, we dried ourselves up and changed into our jammies. 

"What time is my doctor's appointment?"

"4 PM" I answered.

"What about you?"

"At 2 PM" I replied.

"What time should Noel drop me off?"

"Like at 1:50ish" I responded.

"Okay"

He smiled.

"Fingers crossed I get to watch TV after tomorrow"

I shut off the light and proceeded to climb up on the bed.

"I get to see you at work tomorrow"

I lied down next to him and cuddled up against him as he shifted on his side.

"Will you be wearing your white coat?"

I couldn't help but laugh.

"What makes you so hot and bothered about my white coat?" I wondered.

"It's sexy"

I laughed.

"Oh god, Chris. Go to bed" I said before kissing his cheek and snuggling up to him.