Twenty Six

Nora's POV- August 2019

Chris shifted on his back just as I sat up to stretch over him to shut off the alarm.

"Do you really have to go to work?"

I smiled and gave him a peck on the lips.

"As much as I would love to stay in bed with you, we're short-staffed today" I replied as I got off of him.

I kissed his pout before climbing out of our bed.

"We're still getting lunch, right?" I asked.

Before we went to bed last night, he brought up the idea of getting lunch.

"I'll ask Noel if she can chauffer me around"

I slipped on my robe.

"Go back to sleep," I told him.

He cuddled with my pillow as I made my way out of the room. As I was about to close the door, Honey made her way over and lightly whined to be let inside. A light jingle was heard in the room as Canoli hopped up on the bed.

"Go on," I said to her.

Honey trotted into the room and I partially closed the door before going to the bathroom to get ready. I quickly brushed my teeth and pulled my hair up to start my morning routine. Once my makeup was on, I started to curl my hair. Just as I was finishing up, there was a light knock on the door.

"Come in" I called out.

Chris peaked in.

"Can I use the bathroom?"

"Yeah, of course" I answered.

As he did his business, I finished curling my hair.

"You're going to wear your rings?"

I glanced at my left hand and nodded before spraying some texturizing spray on my hair.

"Yes," I responded.

Like, yeah, the wedding was sudden but I didn't want to hide it from anyone that I was a married woman.

"We should go to Saturday's game"

"Are you up for that?" I wondered.

He'd want to be with his teammates, so I'd probably watch the game from the family room or take a seat.

"I think so"

"If you start to not feel good, just let me know and we can head out," I said as he watched me put away my makeup.

Since I got no reply from him, I looked up to see him nodding.

"I will"

It's all I asked for.

"Get back to bed," I told him.

He smiled.

"Morning kiss?"

I accepted his kiss and pressed my nose against his bearded cheek.

"You're getting fuzzy again," I mumbled before kissing his cheek.

"Help me trim it later?"

I nodded and scruffed his cheeks.

"Of course, come on let's go to our room," I said.

He followed me inside, and while I looked for something to wear he got back into bed. Once I finished changing I took a seat on the edge of the bed to slip on my heels.

"You look beautiful"

I laughed.

"Go to sleep, Chris," I told him as I stood up.