Perfection

2013:

"what do we do?" I ask as me and steve we watched from a café, "we've been tailing him for months, and he's shown up out of the blue, we can't let him go" steve says as he sips his coffee. "I've got an idea" I mutter standing up, "(Y/N)?" steve questions as I grab my bag and start walking towards the guy we've been tailing. I pull out my phone and pretend to text and not look where I was going, I purposely bump into the guy who was texting on a burner phone. I make him drop his phone along with mine "oh god I'm so sorry" I say quickly bending down to pick up his phone and mine slipping a tracking device into his phone as I do so. "it's alright" he says as I stand up, "here hope it's not broken" I say biting my lip nervously. "nope looks alright" he chuckles, "great well sorry again" I apologise before walking back off texting steve to meet me in an alley. "what did you do?" he asks me once he meets me, "slipped a tracker into his phone, hopefully it should work but let's head back to HQ" I say glancing round making sure nobody heard us. "good idea, c'mon my bike is nearby" he says heading out of the alley, "so have you been to the Smithsonian yet?" I ask with a smirk. steve chuckles to himself rolling his eyes "no I haven't, and I know why you're asking" he says knowingly. I gasp jokingly "what are you insinuating, anyone who lives in DC needs to go and you're telling me you've lived here for nearly 6 months and you haven't gone, now that's a crime" I say shaking my head. "you just want me to go to the Captain America exhibit" steve laughs, "there's other stuff there, not saying the Captain America exhibit isn't good though" I say shrugging my shoulders. Steve sighs shaking his head "I just don't think I'm ready yet, too much baggage" he sighs leaning up against his bike looking down at his feet, "it's okay I get it nobody like looking into their past and I'm sorry I brought it up but if you ever need someone to go with I'm here okay" I tell him resting a hand on his shoulder. He smiles slightly looking back up at me, "thank (Y/N) really" he sighs, "hey its nothing it's what friends are for" I smile "now come on we've got a guy to stalk" I smirk. "hold up" he says passing me a helmet, "what about yours?" I ask as I take him, "supersoldier remember" he smirks getting onto his bike. I roll my eyes putting on the helmet and getting on behind me, "hold on tight" he warns, I hold onto him as he speeds off towards the HQ.

I walked into the main hub and towards a computer "so what intel have we got?" I ask the computer tech, "well from the tracker you put on his phone we can see that he's scheduled to be at this gala Friday night tonight and then he flies out to Russia the next day and his calendar is empty after that so it looks like he'll get a new burner phone in Russia" the tech guy explains. I look over at steve "how quickly does your beard grow?" I ask him, he looks at me slightly confused "quite quick" he says. "so by Friday you could have a beard?" I clarify, "yeah pretty much, nothing big though, why?" he asks, I nod my head thinking "get me and steve on that list, under fake names better make some fake Ids too, don't worry about changing how I look but add a beard and darker caps hair on the picture" I tell the tech guy, he nods his head "on it I'll let you know how it looks later" he says. "so what are we doing?" steve asks as we walk away, "this is going to be our last chance to intercept him, so we're going to do it there, so get a nice suit let your beard grow" I tell him. A few days later I walked into HQ in my long deep navy blue ballgown, my hair was curled styled elegantly, my gun was in my purse and a knife was strapped to my leg. I find a bearded steve waiting for me, "great we just need to darken your hair, come on follow me, and you brought your suit right" I tell him walking off towards the changing rooms. "yep got it, this isn't gonna be permanent right?" he aske me, "nope it'll be gone after your shower" I explain sitting him down. I darken his hair so it was a dark brown and matched his beard to it "there great now go get changed" I tell him. As I wait the tech guy passes me our fake IDs "they look great thank you" I tell him, "right I'm ready to go" steve says walking out, I look over at him and notice how good he looked, I mean he always looked good but this was the first time I properly noticed. "you look nice by the way" he smiles grabbing my attention "huh oh thanks, you look great too, now last thing" I say passing him a wedding ring, he looks at me slightly confused "they made our aliases married so gotten play the part" I explain clearing my throat. "uh yeah of course" steve says sliding on the ring and once again I was distracted by him, I shake the thoughts from my head, we had a mission to complete.