3

A/N: request for indiantaylor hope you like it :) sorry it took so long!

(Y/N)'s POV

"hey you okay?" Steve asks as he holds out a hand for me, "alright I think" I say coughing from the dust around us. "Nat? you okay?" I ask turning round but I don't get a response "Nat?" I ask again, "Steve she's knocked out, besides that she's fine" I tell her. "here let me get her" Steve says bending down to pick her up, "we need to go, Shield could be here any minute" I tell him as we climb through the rumble that was Zola's 'brain'. "don't you mean hydra?" Steve mutters, I purse my lips slightly unsure what to say to comfort him "come on lets go, got any idea where we can lay low?" I ask him as we reach the car. "I have an idea, let's just hope it's a good one" Steve sighs, "I trust you" I tell him making him smirk slightly "well considering we've been together for nearly two years I would hope so" he chuckles. I sat in the back with Nat for when she woke up "hm what happened?" she asks as she sits up rubbing her head "you got knocked out, how you feeling?" I ask her. "like I just got knocked out, where are we going?" Nat asks, "a safe house, hopefully" Steve says, "that doesn't sound promising" Nat says. "it will be fine, I can trust him" Steve sighs, "well if Steve trust him then he must be good, you okay you look a little green" Nat says turning to me. honestly I did feel a little sick "yeah I'm fine just adrenaline I think" I lie, "you sure because you look worse than me" Nat asks, "I'm fine Steve keep your eyes on the road" I say when I notice Steve looking back at me. "sorry" he apologises taking one last glance before focussing on the road, "how far out are we?" Nat asks, "hopefully not too long should be there by morning, you guys rest up" Steve says, "okay but let me know if you wanna tap out" I tell him, "its fine I'm the only one who knows where it is anyway" Steve smiles. "okay but don't be stupid" I tell him making him chuckle slightly "I'll try" he says before I lean back and allow myself to fall asleep hoping the sick feeling will pass.

When we arrived at wherever it was the feeling I had in the car hadn't passed, if anything it had gotten worse. "I'm sorry about this, we need a place to lay low" Steve apologises to the man I recognised as his running friend, "everyone we know is trying to kill us" Nat adds. "not everyone" the man says letting us in, "Sam" he says offering his hand to me, I shake it "thanks my name's (Y/N), um can I use your bathroom?" I ask him. "yeah sure just down the corridor and on the left" Sam says, "thanks, I'll be right back" I tell Steve. once I got to the bathroom I couldn't hold it in any longer and started being sick into the toilet, I sigh when it was over cleaning myself up. looking in the mirror I begin to think about what could have caused it, I had an idea, one I really hoped wasn't true. I step back out and find Sam alone "the others have just gone to get cleaned up, I'm just running to the shop to get more food" Sam tells me. "oh okay um could you grab me something?" I ask him deciding in that moment that I trusted him enough "uh yeah sure what is it?" he asks. I beckon him closer and whisper it in his ear, "you can't tell Steve though, it may be nothing" I tell him. He nods his head "or a very big something, are you sure?" he asks, "I think so but I need to know" I sigh. "yeah of course I'll be right back" Sam says, just as he leaves Steve walks in "where'd Sam go?" he asks, "shops for food I think because you're a super solider he thinks you eat more" I laugh, "well that isn't completely false" Steve chuckles. "you feeling okay now?" Steve asks me leaning up against the side, "yeah I'm fine, think it was the near death experience" I chuckle slightly. "I feel bad having to drag you into these sort of things" Steve sighs, "its fine I am an agent too, you should have seen the stuff I did before I met you" I smirk. "I'm glad I didn't, I'd hate to lose you" Steve sighs, "me too, go clean up I'll go after you" I tell him, "you sure?" he asks, "yeah your shield kept me pretty clean" I chuckle. A little while later Sam arrived back secretly slipping me the thing I asked for, "thanks" I whisper before heading to go clean up myself. A few minutes later I looked down and cursed slightly before breaking out into a small smile at the small plus. I quickly put the test in my pocket and find Steve walking past back into the kitchen, "Steve I need to talk to you" I tell him grabbing his arm and pulling him into the spare room. "what's up?" Steve asks instantly knowing there was something, "I found out why I felt sick" I tell him, "really why?" he asks. I just pass him the test, at first he was confused then I could see the wave of emotion waving from shock to joy to worry. "are you okay, the explosion did it?" he asks worriedly, "I don't know" I sigh "but we both know this is going to end in a fight and I can't be a part of it" I tell him. He sighs nodding his head "what are we gonna do? You can't just go home hyrda will get you" Steve sighs, "I guess I could stay here, wait until it blows over and you fix everything" I tell him. "I will I promise, as soon as its done I'll come straight here and get you" Steve promises pulling me in for a hug, "it will be okay, I'll make sure of it" he promises kissing the top of my head.