Happier

(Y/N)'s POV

Things between me and steve were not great, we were at each other's throats most of the time, all the good parts of our relationship had seemingly gone. Replaced with more damaging emotions, but through it all I did still love him. "steve can we talk?" I ask as I knocked on his office door, "what do you want?" he asks flatly not looking up from his computer. "just to talk, it's kinda important" I say stepping into the room slightly, "can it wait, I've got more important work to do" he says still not looking over at me. I bite my tongue trying not to yell at him and scream that surely saving his relationship was important. "yeah sure" I state turning on my heel shutting the door with a loud slam as I left, "FRIDAY can you tell me where Tony is?" I ask the AI system. "he's away on a business trip" FRIDAY informs me, "okay what about nat?" I ask, "visiting Mr Barton" she answers, "wanda?" I ask hopefully "visiting Sokovia" she answers once more. I sigh to myself all the people I usually turned to were out and unavailable, "guess I'll be drinking for one" I sigh grabbing my purse and leaving the compound for the city. I didn't know how long I had been out for but the sun had well and truly set and the bar I was in was beginning to quieten down. I sat by the bar alone slowly sipping on my drink, I hadn't had many, but enough to make me at least tipsy. "before you order another, let me" a man says standing next to me, I glance over at him "before you get any ideas I'm taken" I tell him focussing on my drink. "trust me I know, anyone would be stupid to try and take Captain America's girl" the man smiles sitting down, "but that doesn't stop a decent human being like myself wondering why she is sat here looking so down" he adds as he orders another round. "yeah well avengers life isn't perfect I can tell you that" I sigh, "I get that, and you know what's pretty impressive? That the likelihood of us to ever meeting again is very, very slim, since you definitely won't give me your number and I don't expect you too" he says turning to face me "so if you want to vent to someone who won't spread it, and you don't have to worry about the awkward next encounter, I'm your man" he continues. I raise a brow at him "you make an appealing offer" I say, "well what can I say, I'm a natural, so what's gotten you so down that you've come all the way into the city to sit in a dingy bar like this?" he asks. I look over and sigh to myself wondering if I should actually trust this man or not, "I need to know a name first" I tell him, "nope no name, if you know my name you're more likely to run into me" he smiles. "yes but I need a name to track you down if you do end up spilling all of this" I tell him, he laughs to himself "alright its Jason" he says offering his hand out, I smile as I shake it "nice to meet you" I say. Me and Jason sat there for what seemed like hours, I told him about the problems I was having with steve and he understood all of it. It was so nice to get it all out, it made the reality of facing these problems with steve seem easier now that I had vented it out to someone. Jason had made a smile appear back on my face when only hours before a smile didn't even seem possible, he even made me laugh, not a small giggle, but a big, loud laugh. All of this however was interrupted as suddenly Jason was pulled off his chair and punched, shocked I looked up at the attacker and saw steve. "steve what the hell!" I shout, "stay the hell away from her" he growls at Jason completely ignoring me. "hey man, I wasn't trying to get with her I promise" Jason says standing back up, "well it damn well looked like it, lets go (Y/N)" steve growls grabbing my arm tightly and pulling me towards the exit. "no steve let go of me" I shout pulling my arm from his grip and walking back over to Jason to make sure he was okay. "(Y/N) stay away from him" he shouts, "No steve, you stay away from him" I shout back, "are you okay?" I ask Jason. "yeah I'm fine but you better go, you'll sort this out don't worry" he says pushing me gently towards steve, "I don't think we will" I mutter. I grab steve and pull him out of the bar "what the hell was that!" I shout at him, "what the hell was that? What the hell were you doing with him!" steve shouts. "talking, making a friend, not flirting!" I shout back at him, "well it definitely looked like you were!" steve argues. "seriously steve, I am in a relationship, with you not him, I love you not him, do you not trust me?" I shout glaring at him, "well when you do stuff like that it definitely makes it hard to" he shouts. I glare at him pushing past him to get into the car he had driven down, he follows me and gets into the driver's seat. The ride back to the compound was silent, I couldn't speak to him let alone look at him.