Chapter Eleven

Vampire Outlaws, MC

Brooklyn, New York

Zane

To say I was angry would be an understatement. But as furious as I was at the sight of Caleb being here on the most important night of the year surrounded by vampires who would tear out his throat if they had their way, made me realize that my connection to Caleb was stronger than I'd care to admit. And if Caleb really was mine, then I was in for a shitload of hell-raising from my old comrade in arms, my brothers.

My hands tightly gripped the handles on both daggers as I felt my nails dig into my skin. I squared off against the crowd of vampires who were just itching to sink their fangs into Caleb and drink his blood until there was nothing left. I bared my fangs in warning and if that wasn't enough, a growl rumbled in my chest. With my body positioned for a fight. I was confident in my ability that I could take out a few of them on my own if not more before things got heated.

"Stand down, all of you!" A calm voice said.

The vampires obeyed, making a path as Cain appeared. He was the oldest and strongest of us. A true Roman by birth, the actual date of his birth is still to this day unknown. Even after 900 years old, Cain is by blood, my sire. Together, we started this business from the ground up with nothing more than blood and fangs.

"Relax, old friend," He said calmly. "No harm will come to you."

"And Caleb?" I asked.

Cain glanced over my shoulder, a small smile tugging at his lips. "But, of course."

I relaxed a little even though I was still on edge. But I still kept a dagger in my hand just in case. I pulled Caleb to my side as Cain ordered the vampires away while we went inside to talk things over. In my office upstairs, Caleb sat as far and near the door as he possibly could while Cain took the seat behind my desk.

"Now before you start," I said, pacing back and forth. "I know how this must look."

"What are you talking about? Zane, listen, I'm not mad or upset that you defended a human. I'm just glad you finally met someone."

That made me pause. "You've clearly gone soft in your old age, old man."

Cain laughed, propping his boots up on my desk. "I'll take that as a compliment."

Pulling out the chair across from him, I sat down, spinning the dagger on its tip as the blade caught the overhead lights, gleaming. A quick glance over my shoulder at Caleb told me that he was scared and as white as a sheet. I had to act quickly. The sooner Cain and I were done talking, the faster Caleb could get out of here. That is if he's still be speaking to me by the time I get him home.

"Four new members added to our ranks," Cain said. "If all continues to go well, we might be looking at branching out once again."

I nodded. "I agree. As for whoever gets the chance of being selected as President of the new club, I have a few names in mind."

Cain waved his hand through the air. "All in good time, son. There's no need to discuss club business right away. Let's talk about Caleb."

A subtle gasp sounded behind me as I pictured Caleb frozen in his seat.

"Caleb is a friend."

"Oh, I think he's a bit more than that. Essentially, not a fuck buddy but more of a romantic situation developing here I assume." The look on my face must've said it all, forcing Cain's smile to widen. "Aha. I see. Have you tasted his blood yet?"

"No. And I don't plan to."

"Why not?"

"Because I don't know if I'll be able to control myself with him. I could kill him."

"Irrelevant. If Caleb is meant to be your one true mate, you'll learn to control your bloodlust around him."

"And what if I can't?"

"My advice to you is this: Take. It. Slow. Experiment a little. Plus, it's a major turn on when it comes to sex."

I cleared my throat. "Duly note. Well, I think we're done here. So if you don't mind, I'll be taking Caleb home now."

"Go right ahead. We'll discuss business another time. And Caleb, it was a pleasure to finally meet you. Sorry, it couldn't be on better circumstances. I hope to see you again soon."

* * * *

"What were you thinking showing up at the club tonight?" I asked as I shut the door to my apartment. "You could've been killed."

"I'm sorry. But how was I to know you were going to be killing people tonight and force them to drink your boss's blood."

I shook my head as I walked into the kitchen and tossed my keys on the counter. But instead of going for a beer, I grabbed a half-empty bottle of Jack Daniels I kept on the top shelf in the cupboard. Caleb came around the corner, sitting on the edge of the island countertop as he watched me take a swig.

"I'll have one of those," he said. I proceeded to search for a small glass when he snatched the bottle from me. "That's okay. I don't need a glass."

As he threw the bottle back, exposing his throat, I thought about what Cain said earlier tonight. I mean if I could, would I be able to trust in myself well enough to actually drink from Caleb without killing him. Sure drinking the blood of others is simple because I only drink blood from those who are unfit for society. You know what I mean. Yet this is a totally different kind of territory for me. I've never drunk from someone that I care about.

Just try it out. Take it slow. And when you do it right. It can be quite nice for both you and your lover.

I sighed, running my fingers through my hair as I closed the small distance between us. Guess there was no time like the present than right now. Finishing off what remained in the bottle; Caleb wiped the evidence off of his lips.

"Mmm. Thanks for that."

"Glad you enjoyed it. Now onto the next part."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean something like this."

Placing my hands on his waist, I pulled him in closer until I was positioned perfectly between his legs. His body showed signs of pushing me away with his hands on my chest, his arms straining to move me back, but I wasn't going anywhere. So I took this opportunity and kissed him attentively. Slow at first before gradually picking up speed with my tongue in his mouth. And when he finally lost the will to resist me, I cupped a hand on the back of his neck as my lips found their way there.

"Wait." He moaned. "What are you doing?"

"Trying something I should've tried the first night we met."

My tongue lapped at the spot, just above the beating pulse as my fangs descended and scratched gently along the skin. A subtle moan told me to keep going, my cock straining against the top button on my jeans. I pulled back slightly, hesitant. Yet something in the back of my mind told me that I could do this. I sucked in a breath and pulled my lips back from my teeth as I sank my fangs into him.

Author's Note: Happy Wednesday guys! The last few days for me have been busy what with trying to help the parents out with stuff around the house (Mainly yardwork or anything that involves having to go outside. lol) But I have something to you all and don't worry I'm not going anywhere or anything like that. But it does involve my writing so tomorrow be on the lookout for a post from my profile. Anyway, I hope you all enjoyed the chapter. I'm off to bed. Night! I love you all. :)

Renegade: Vampire Outlawजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें