Chapter Four

Panorama Crest, Apartments

Lower Eastside, New York

Caleb

Standing underneath the bright fluorescent light of the kitchen. I found myself trapped between the kitchen sink and a ruggedly handsome, smartass and persistent biker who clearly wouldn't take no for answer. I could see the steam rising from the pot of hot water as I tried to squeeze my way out of his grasp, but he didn't budge an inch. He just stood there like a statue staring at me like I was a piece of raw meat. Then the lid started to rattle as water ran down the sides and splashed onto the ceramic floor tile.

"Shit!" I muttered, as I pushed and shoved with all my strength as I finally broke free and ran to turn off the stove.

"Sorry about your dinner."

"Screw off."

I grabbed an oven mitt off the wall and slipped my hand into it as I carefully carried the pot over to the sink and dumped out the water. Not much could be said about my noodles though as I threw them in the trash and sighed with frustration. Zane had moved back to his original position standing in the doorway of the kitchen. I placed the oven mitt on the counter and walked toward him to turn off the light but I couldn't get past him again.

"I think you should go now. Please leave."

"As I told you before. I'm not going anywhere."

"Don't make me call the cops."

"Is that a threat?"

"It will be if you don't get out of my way."

Shoving himself off the doorframe, he went into the living room and sat down on the couch instead. Un-fucking-believable. The couch groaned beneath his weight as I heard a loud pop followed by metal springs coming undone. His face lit up from the television across the way while his eyes remained unmoved from the flashing images on screen. I eyed the phone sitting on the end table next to the door that lead out into the hallway as I started making my way over to it. Carefully and quietly, I moved across the floor as I stared at him, waiting to see if he'd catch me in the act.

I could see the phone within an arm's reach as I took another step and leaned slightly forward. But I would never get the chance to make that call as Zane jumped up in an instant. His massive body snapped into action as he shoved me up against the door and trapped my arms above my head. I could feel his erection rubbing against my stomach as he leaned in close but did not kiss me. He moved in on the side of my neck as he nuzzled me, his lips caressing my skin as I tried not to moan.

"Do you like that?" He asked. "Do you like it when I touch you like this?"

"I will never give you the satisfaction."

He chuckled humorously. "Keep telling yourself that. Let's see what you have to say after I'm done with you. Perhaps a change in attitude will set you straight."

"