→❀ Chapter 5

The fresh air seeped into my hair, spinning around me. I enjoyed the solitude and the silence of the immense forest that I observed from the top of my rock. I was good with myself.
A branch crackled and I jumped violently. I suddenly felt in danger. My heart was already beginning to leap when a voice rose; breaking the most beautiful silence.

"I, sorry!" He stammered.

Liam. It was him. I recognized him. I turned my head towards his figure who joined me. He was sitting on the same rock, right next to me.
Both of us had our eyes lost in front of the stretch of trees in front of us. Silence filled our thoughts and questions.

Flashback:

A hand was running around my neck and I could see Marlene, two glasses in her hand. She handed me one, as well as Liam.

"Drink up!" She smiled.

I needed it. It was then, with pleasure, that I executed myself. Liam imitated me immediately. Marlene saved us one. It was vodka with orange juice. One of my favorite mixtures.

"Now come with me!" She exclaimed, leading us to the dance floor.

As we went, the melodies of a new song began to play. And Marlene immediately exclaimed that it was her favorite song and everyone had to dance. The dance floor - which was actually the living room - was becoming small. We were well over fifty teenagers going wild on this catchy melody. Marlene was obviously in the middle. Only two guests were missing: Zayn and Amy.
They were definitely upstairs.
At the end of the song, I realized that I had lost Liam. I turned to go to the bar. I was terribly thirsty. I met Niall's gaze, a glass of alcohol in his hand. When he saw me, he was hugging me. I was surprised but I did not notice it.

"Hey Margot, are you dancing?" He asked.

I rolled my eyes. Niall was drunk. Yes, he is that kind of friend. He hates dancing. Only when he's drunk, he always asked everyone to dance with him.

"Niall, you stink alcohol." I replied with a frown.

"Whatever!" He exclaimed, visibly upset by what I said. "It's you who stinks of alcohol!"

"I drank only two glasses." I whispered, rolling my eyes, slightly exasperated by his childish behavior.

He was really starting to get on my nerves.

"Listen, you're drunk, I'll..."

"Look for Liam, right?" He asked, before taking a sip of alcohol.

"No, I'm going to drink!" I smiled.

His eyes looked softer than before. I had the effect that I counted. I pushed him gently before heading to the bar.

End of flashback:

A gesture from Liam made me turn his head towards him. He was standing in front of me, and he took off his sweater.

"You will not see anything, but I have black marks all over my body." He explained.

My heart was squeezing. How could one beat one's child? Do not agree with him because he smokes, and he rots his health, I do not mind. But from there to type him, to be supposed to get him the message, I do not understand. And I think I would never understand.
I got up slowly, facing me.
I did not know what to say. Despite the brightness of the full moon, I could only distinguish a hematoma. He preached his collarbones. I bit my lower lip.

"You have..."

"Liam?" Asked a voice.

I turned quickly. In front of the cabin door was Niall. Arms crossed on his chest.

"And Margot." He observed.

"Hi!" I whispered, slightly embarrassed.

He was heading towards us. Once at my height, he stood next to me, but he ignored me completely. Meanwhile, Liam had time to put on his sweater.

"What are you doing here?"

"We could not sleep." Liam announced. "So we went out to talk. And you, man?"

"Same as you. Except that I came to pee."

I recoiled slightly to let him do it.

"So good piss!" Liam launched in a cheerful tone.

"Thank you very much!" Niall answered him.

I felt too much. I returned to the hut, slightly annoyed by Niall's behavior. He had never been so mean and disrespectful to me.