→❀ Chapter 3

Flashback:

I finally decided to return to Marlene's house. But a silhouette jostled me. I turned my head towards, ready to moan. It was Zayn. I hated him as much as he hated me. Amy was obviously aware, but as soon as she was there, we made efforts and we took on us. We behaved like adults. Except that as soon as she had her back turned, one insulted oneself like real kids.
In short, he did not apologize.
I closed the door while I was looking for one of my friends among Marlene's. I could see Niall sitting on the couch with a glass of beer in his hand. He caught my eye, but he immediately turned it away. I sighed. I did not understand his reaction. He looked like he was jealous. But jealous of what?

"Hey."

I turned around. I do not believe it. Liam was beside me, his black cap back. His skinny body swam in his huge, wide black sweater. When he looked at me, I noticed he had red eyes. He had smoked before coming. Oh yes, I forgot to say, my friends smoke a lot.
I frowned. He was smoking when he was not doing well. And I was horrified because I did not realize yesterday when I had on the phone.
Actually, Liam has a lot of problems with his parents. He has been at war with them since he was fourteen. His parents are downright closed minded. And they prevent him from doing all he likes, that is singing and playing music.

"Liam!" I sighed, relieved at his presence.

He was looking at me too. He motioned me to follow him. What I was doing. As I turned, to be able to follow him, I felt a heavy look fall on us. My eyes were on the leather sofa, where Niall was staring at us. When he found my eyes fixed on his figure, he quickly looked away. I had to talk to him. We had to have a discussion just because both of us were not as usual.
Maybe he had argued with Liam?
We were now outside. He readjusted his cap while I shivered when the wind lifted my long blond locks.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"Not really." He whispered, lowering his head quickly. "Hum... before I have to talk to you about something but..."

He was cut. Two voices rose and soon I saw Amy and Zayn holding hands, next to us. There, Zayn glanced at us as he slammed his girlfriend violently against the wall. Amy kissed her immediately, her glass of alcohol in her hand.
I felt Liam boiling. We had to move from there. Zayn kissed my friend more insistently, while taunting Liam. I watched him clench his fists.
I immediately slid my hand on his wrist and went back to Marlene's house.

"Liam, do you have..."

I raised my head. Niall was in front of me. His gaze fixed my hand on the wrist of his best friend. However, I did not let go. I was so scared that he would go outside.

"What?" Asked Liam.

"I... no nothing."

Niall was leaving - again, without even turning around. I sighed. But Liam did not seem lost to the strange behavior of his best friend, unlike me.

"I really need to talk to you." Liam announced, his lips pursed.

End of flashback:

That's it. Part of Marlene's night came to mind. Including the arrival of Liam, then the episode of Zayn kissing my best friend, hand on her hip. I also saw Niall's glare, staring at his best friend's hand.
Suddenly, I had the impression of suffocating. I had to get out of there. I stood up abruptly, trying not to crush Amy, who was sleeping peacefully beside me. I do not know how much time had passed since we decided to sleep, but apparently I was the only one to be awake. I felt the wall to find the wooden door of the shack. Something I found quickly enough.
And to say that this morning, I woke up again at home, my band of friends had no tension. Marlene's night had not gone as we had imagined. Starting with that stupid challenge she had thrown at us. That I remembered well.