→❀ Chapter 4

And now, tensions had been created between us. Between Liam and Amy, and Niall and me; it's like there's a cold.
I opened the door and I found myself outside, in the open air. I could finally breathe. My lungs filled with fresh air, which burned me. This feeling was unpleasant and yet on the precise moment, I was enjoying it.
My eyes were on the sky, where I could see the moon. It was the full moon. Great! We really chose our night.
Marlene's words still echoed in my head: "Do you agree to spend twenty-four hours in the forest without a telephone?"
And stupidly, and without really measuring the consequences of our actions, we all said yes. At this very moment, I regretted it very much.
Not far from me, I was observing a rock. I was heading towards before sitting on it. Thanks to the bright light that emanated from the full moon, I could see a stretch of tree right in front of me. I remembered walking for a long time before finding the cabin where my friends slept. The return route would surely not be obvious.

Flashback:

I watched him. I understood that Liam was serious. A serious look was displayed on his face with fine features.

"What is it about?" I asked, perplexed.

"My parents."

I did not take my eyes off him as he lowered his head. He knew that I was there to listen to him, and that in no way would I judge him. He had helped me so much when my parents had contemplated the divorce. Now it was my turn to give him all my help and support.

"They do not know I'm here." He explained, without raising his head. "They thinks I'm studying with Niall."

I waited patiently for him to continue. I could not see where he was coming from, at least for the moment.

"My father surprised me this morning, rolling me one."

He was talking about cigarettes. I narrowed my eyes, expecting the worst. I knew that his father was against his son smoking, and I knew he was very violent.

"You know me, I messed up. I could not contain myself when he began to cheer me up with two bullets!"

"Liam." I whispered. "You..."

But he did not give me time to continue. He raised his head sharply, planting his tired hazel eyes in mine. My heart was tightening immediately. I could see all his pain and resentment dancing in the darkness of his pupils. I wish I could reassure him that his father was just a poor idiot. I would have liked support, and tell him that his father would not be angry with him forever. But just like him, I knew it was wrong. He did not have the best parents in the world, and he was not the perfect son.

"I screamed, I yelled at him all kinds of things that I had thought for a long time. And he, as an answer, started to hit me. Mom says I was lucky he did not touch me in the face."

I gaped at his confession. I was far from imagining what his father could do to him.

"I tried to defend myself, but you know as well as me, that I do not make the weight in front of him. At the same time he is a former sportsman! And you, have you seen my body? I'm skinny. I did not have a single chance."

"Liam, take off your sweater."

He did not move. He seemed uncomfortable with what I asked him, yet not badly. He did not answer. It was his way of fleeing things.

"Liam." I said quietly. "Take off your sweater."

He shook his head negatively. And I was angry at forcing him to do something he did not want to do. He did not want to get naked in front of me, he refused to let me see the tracks; for he did not want me to see him as he was; that is to say, weak. Except that he did not understand, I did not see him as weak. On the contrary, Liam was strong for me. Mentally. He was much more than the whole band gathered. He had lived things that none of us wanted to live.

"Liam, I will never judge you and..."

"I can not Margot, not this time."

"Liam please, I want to make sure you have nothing serious."

"I can not."

A Perilous ChallengeOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara