43 | Proposal

A/N: VOTE AND COMMENT BBYS !!

-

"Eight months later*

"I'm so fucking nervous.." Shawn breathed out as he was buttoning up his shirt checking himself out in the bathroom of his parents room.

His daughter watched while she was in her aunts arm

"Language.." Aaliyah said "your daughter is copying everything we say.. be carful" Aaliyah warmed her older brother

"Sorry, I'm terrified." Shawn breathed out as he was finally ready for one the the biggest moments in his life.

"Why, she is clearly in love with you, why would she have any reason to say no?" Aaliyah said as her brother gave her a dramatic look

"I don't know, you never know..." Shawn breathed out

"Brother.. you got this." Aaliyah said seriously

"Thanks sister.. now take good care of my baby" he said to his sister and his three year old daughter wanted to go to him as she signalled that putting hands in the air. "Awh baby girl, wish me luck" Shawn said and grabbed his daughter's hands and kissed her cheek.

"Well, you're going to be late for your date" Shawn's little sister informed him

"I know.. I'll pick her up tomorrow, everything you need is in the bag, don't call me unless it's the worse emergency ever.." Shawn said. He wanted the proposal to go just as he planned. He wanted it to be perfect.

"Got it, I'll see you tomorrow, as an engaged man.." Aaliyah teased her brother.

"I hope, see you two.." Shawn chuckled and headed downstairs where he found his parents awaiting him wishing him good luck.

"Mom, dad.." Shawn said as he blushed and rushed to put on his shoes.

"You're ready?" His father asked

"as ready as I've ever been" Shawn laughed

"Awh hunny, you know she's going to say yes" Karen tried to comfort her son

"Let's not jinx that.." Shawn said as he wore his fancy shoes and his blazer over his white button up. Shawn was ready and he'd be going back to his condo to pick up Camila.

"Have fun shawn, don't over stress" his father  said.

"Of course, now I don't want to be late, I love you. Take care of my baby. I'll be back in the morning to pick her up! Anyways thank you, bye!" Shawn hugged and kissed his parents cheeks before running off to his Tesla.

As pulled out of his parents car and got closer to his house he called Camila to let her know he'd be there any moment. Shawn was going to take her out to dinner and then right after go on a walk and the purpose.

Shawn pulled up to the front of his condo where he waited for Camila to come so they could head to the restaurant. He was so nervous, he didn't want to spoil the surprise.

"Hello darling.." Camila said emerging the car waking the Canadian up from his thoughts. She leaned in and kissed his cheek and Shawn smiled

"Ready for a night out" Shawn said as he looked as he hoped, his soon to be fiancée. They didn't go out alone much since Amelia wasn't old enough, they didn't mind. Spending time as a family was amazing, but being alone and having a change to have fun underneath the sheets without their little girl disturbing them was a rare occasion.

"Of course, I'm starving.." Camila laughed as Shawn started to drive

"I know, you always are my love.." Shawn chuckled as Camila laughed and turned on the radio and they sung and talked the entire way to the restaurant

-

"Hi, I made a reservation, table for two. Under the name of Mendes.." Shawn said and smiled

"Yes right this way.."  the waiter said and lead them to the table where they were served glasses of red wine and handed them the menus.

"Thanks you.." Camila smiled and the waiter left to give the couple time to pick.

"Why so fancy Mendes?" Camila laughed, they weren't like this, especially since they were so busy with their kid. They learn to appreciate one another immediately and not the big gestures.

"I mean, we don't do this, it's only fair if we can separate our parents life from our being normal young adults in love life, right?" Shawn said and smiled.

"Fair point"

"Exactly"

-

Dinner passed and Shawn and Camila were stuffed, it was just passed midnight and the two were hand in hand walking side by side as they talked and laughed about old memories.

Shawn felt ready, it was no or never. He had to do it. It was perfect. It was time to ask the girl in front of him to be his forever.

"you know I love you.." Shawn blurted out of no where and Camila smiled. He told her those three meaningful words as much as he could

"And I love you.." Camila said

"Good.." Shawn said and bit his lip as he stop walking and grabbed Camila's hands and they were now inches apart staring into eachother souls.

She wondered why he stopped?

"I don't know what to say, other than thank you for being such an amazing woman. You don't know how grateful I am for you. You're reason I wake up and then you gave me another reason to wake by giving me Amelia. I just love everything about you and everything you have done for me. I know we're young and in love, everyday I find a new reason to love you. You're my one. I want to to be my one forever Cami.." Shawn said as tears pooled in both their eyes. Camila dreamed of this day, she couldn't wait to hear those words

Shawn grabbed a small box from his pocket as he got down on one knee as his girlfriends left hand.

Their eyes connected and both screamed put happiness Shawn opened the box revealing a beautiful, shiny, expensive diamond ring. Camila heart melted. She couldn't believe she'd be his forever

"Camila Cabello, would you make me the happiest man alive and marry me?" Shawn spoke softly

"Of course.." Camila cried and Shawn smiled as his body filled with happiness. He slipped the ring on his new fiancée's hand and he got up and hugged tightly.

Camila jumped into Shawn's arm as he spun her around. The two cried out of pure happiness. Shawn ten kissed Camila's lips with all the love he had for her, he finally secures his future with the love of his life, he never thought his life could get better but Camila proved him wrong just by existing. Everything  about her made Shawn happier and he was so thankful he got to call her his forever.

The newly engaged couple headed back to Shawn's car where they drive home. It was late and they both were tired. Camila still overwhelmed with emotions couldn't believe everything still. Shawn was now her fiancé. She was so grateful.

They two entered Shawn's home about twenty minutes later and Camila was going to head to the bedroom before Shawn pulled her and she tripped onto his chest

"Where do you think you're going?" Shawn said

"Bed.." Camila said

"No, no.. there's no baby.. that means I get to keep you up all night long my fiancée" Shawn smiled and bit his lip

"I would like to see you try.." Camila teased

"Oh is that bet" he said and cupped her cheeks Camila nodded and the pairs lips crashed tighter and tinges Tagore together before being led to the bedroom where they both had a long, beautiful night filled with love making.

"God I love you"

A/N: I'm sorry for being dead DEAD. 

Till the next chapter 🥺