Chapter thirty six

When I woke up, to be quite honest I felt like shit. Everything aches and it feels like I did a gruelling workout yesterday. My head was pounding from all the crying i'd been doing and my eyes were so sore I could barely crack them open.

I had the worst nights sleep ever, I couldn't get comfortable and I was always cold no matter how tightly I wrapped my duvet around me.

I slid out of the unfamiliar bunk and walked to the front of the bus, greeted with the sight of Georgia in the kitchen cooking breakfast.

"Morning." I mumbled groggily.

"Morning Lil. I made breakfast?" She offered me, holding the plate up but I just shook my head; I had no appetite what so ever. She nodded and placed the plate down.

"What time is it?" I tried to look around for a clock but couldn't find any.

"It's eleven right now." Woah I slept late. I guess that's what crying and betrayal does to you.

"Are all the boys inside the venue?" I asked. I really wanted to get a shower and get into some fresh clothes; I felt all disgusting and unclean.

"Mmmhmmm." Gee replied, her mouth full of food.

"Great. I'm gonna head back and freshen up. Thanks for everything Gee, you're the best." I planted a kiss on my best friend's cheek before sauntering out of the bus and onto mine.

I quickly chose some random, comfy clothes from my suitcase and headed to the bathroom.

When I walked in, the first thing I noticed was the spiral crack on the little mirror, blood seeping into the fine lines. It was obvious that someone had punched it and I hoped to God it wasn't Jack. I shouldn't, but I still care about him. I mean, how can I not?

I shook my head to get rid of him from my thoughts and hopped in the shower. It was a tiny thing that didn't hold much water and you had to refill it every time it was used.

I flicked it on and a weak trickle of water flowed down over my head. There was just enough water for me to wash my hair and body and shave.

I quickly patted myself dry with a nearby clean towel and threw on a pair of black leggings and a slouchy crop top.

I exited the bathroom and stumbled across my Ugg boots just laying about so I immediately slipped into them; feeling even more relaxed.

I mulled around the bus, tidying up here and there, before i decided to be brave for once in my life and head into the venue. I was going to prove Amber wrong, one step at a time.

I confidently strode through the entrance, nodding to every crew member I saw on my way down the hall. Thankfully, I didn't bump into any of the boys. I was being brave, but not that brave.

I decided to explore the place as it was bigger than any we had been to in the last month. Wow. I've been part of the digi tour for a month now.

I took random corridors and peered into every room that was unlocked, when I stumbled across a studio, completely lined with mirrors; obviously intended for dance.

When I was three years old, I started dance classes and I continued them for 13 years until I had to quit for school. It was the biggest regret of my life and I rarely got chance to dance for fun.

I shut the door behind me as I walked further inside. There was a CD player in the corner of the room so I pressed play and let he beautiful music be heard.

I closed my eyes as I let the melody was over me. It was a mash up of a ballet contemporary piece, which was my favourite.

I let my body move freely to the music, allowing myself to get lost in the dance and forget everything in reality. Dance was my little escape and I hadn't realised how much I needed it, until now.

A slow clap broke me out of my trance as i abruptly halted. I peeled my eyes open to see Jack J stood in the doorway, leaning against the frame.

"You're a beautiful dancer." I blushed at his kind words and thanked him quietly. He pushed himself off of the wood frame and walked over to me, until he was standing directly in front of me.

"I heard about you and Jack." He said. I winced at the mention of his name, a sharp pang struck my chest.

"You should really hear him out you know." he said matter of factly.

"What is there to know? He gave another girl his number." I pointed out.

"Did he really though?" Jack questioned, confusing me entirely.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked, searching for some answers.

"Figure it out." Was all Jack said before leaving the room and leaving me alone with his words to ponder.

I exited the dance studio and made a mental note to try and find one in every venue we go to. It really helped me to relax and loosen up.

I headed in the direction of the dressing room so I could start doing the boys makeup. Hopefully, Jack will get someone else to do his so I won't have to.

I opened the door and stepped inside only to be met with the sight of Jack standing directly opposite me, his eyes on me and me only.

"We need to talk."

Authors note

Ooo the dreaded four words. Please comment what you thought of this chapter and if you liked it, give it a vote please. Thank you so much for reading xx