I sighed, licking my lips.

"You could do so much better. . ." He trailed off as though he had just realised that he didn't even know my name.

"Rose," I answered before saying in disbelief, "what with you?"

I realised what had came out of my mouth and quickly blabbered before he could say anything, "I did not mean that in a bad way - I know I could do better. It's not like we're together anyway, I mean, he's a dick for sure but he's still your brother and I really think you guys should fix it. I'm sure you have someone who loves you and wouldn't want to see you guys arguing-"

"I do," Vincenzo interrupted, his gave surprisingly softer than before. He sighed, leaning against the counter. "That's why I'm here."

Cris and I exchanged looks before looking at Vincenzo in utter confusion.

"I can't believe I'm saying this but," he hesitated before meeting his brother's eyes. "I'm leaving the mafia and. . .I want you to be the King."

"What?" Cristiano bursted out, his eyes widening as his jaw dropped, staring at his brother in shock. I equally shared the same expression, my face covered with astonishment.

Vincenzo rolled his eyes irritably and nodded. "Yes, I want you to. I. . ." He sighed, looking away. "I messed things up with the love of my life and now it's cost me both of my children-"

Cristiano scoffed, his eyes filled with surprise. "You? Out of all people have kids? Poor things."

Vincenzo glared at him, his gave turning defensive and I noticed that Cris had touched a weak spot. I pushed his arm, giving him a glare for his behaviour.

"I can't see my kids anymore or her until I fix myself," Vincenzo explained, his eyes filled with sorrow. He groaned, rubbing his eyes tiredly and repeating with a sigh, "I can't see my kids."

". . .What did you do so bad that you can't see them?" I softly asked, trying to be as sweet as possible. His eyes opened and he looked into my eyes, shaking his head.

"A lot of things. So many things that just kept pushing me and pushing me away from her and. . ." He sighed, shaking his head again. "She had enough. After spending months - years believing in me. . .she finally had enough. There aren't enough words to describe how foul I was."

I licked my lips, nodding sympathetically. "You must've been a real douche. She wouldn't of taken the kids if it wasn't bad."

He nodded. "That's why I'm leaving the mafia. I need a fresh start with my family and I know that you can't fully leave the mafia but. . .I just need my life back."

It was as though he was thinking of her right in that moment. His eyes shone and he seemed distracted in his own mind. I felt bad for him.

My eyes moved over to Cristiano who sighed, rubbing his eyes. "S-So you want me to take over when you can't even stand me?"

"Listen, mother-"

"You guys need to work this out!" I bursted, standing between them again and glaring at both of them. "You can't see your girl or have him as King until you let go of your grudge." Then I turned to Cris and snapped, "you can't talk to me until you fix things with your brother like you were supposed to months ago!"

"Who says I wanna talk to you?" Cris asked, scoffing although I knew deep down he couldn't last a day without speaking to me. I rolled my eyes and leaned closed, whispering into his ear. "Pillow talk."

I moved away and met his hazel eyes with a small smirk. He cleared his throat and rolled his eyes before giving in.

"Fine. Let's talk in the living room."