Thirty Four

Rose

"Mama loves you so, so much. . ."

"When you come out, daddy and I are gonna spoil you so much whether you're a girl or a boy."

"I'm gonna be there for everything; your first walk, first smile, first laugh. I'm never gonna leave you alone."

"Miss Amabella?"

My head snapped up and I stopped rubbing my stomach, meeting the eyes of the doctor. I swallowed roughly, "y-yes?"

"We're ready to begin the ultrasound if you are?"

I nodded, exhaling slowly to calm myself. My heart was thumping and I had never felt so frightened to know a result. I was practically shaking as they began to set everything up.

I looked over at Gage who gave me a reassuring smile whilst Jordan squeezed my hand. Having the boys here calmed me and made me feel so much more relaxed.

But there was one person who would make me feel even better but he wasn't here. Last I heard, he was still in the match which meant that he still didn't know about me. I didn't want him to know until the match was over. He had to win. I didn't want him to be pulled away from what he loves. I also wanted him to kick Arlo's ass after what his goons had did to me because after Cris finds out, he would definitely murder them all.

"S-So what are we l-looking for?" I asked nervously. I hadn't been able to stop stuttering. I was so jumpy and scared that even when one of the guys would touch me, I would flinch. I was so frightened, I couldn't think straight.

The doctors had cleaned up my wounds and it was time now to do something I was so terrified of doing.

"Any sign of life whether that may be a heartbeat or an image."

I nodded, exhaling slowly and trying to calm my heart rate that kept speeding up.

"Hey," Jordan softly whispered to me and I turned my head, meeting his eyes. He seriously gazed into my eyes. "Don't give up."

I nodded slowly, blinking away the tears in my eyes. I gave him a small smile and he returned the gesture, moving my hair away from my face. Sniffing, I wiped my eyes, swallowing roughly as I watched the doctor.

Then a midwife came and rubbed the gel on my stomach, the cold substance causing me to tense up. I licked my lips, praying to God that my baby was okay.

My head turned and I looked at the monitor as it came on and all I saw was black.

I licked my lips once more, biting my bottom lip hard as I gazed around the screen, my eyes concentrating on every detail as I tried to see my baby. I was looking so hard but I couldn't see anything.

The doctors were gazing around too, the midwife offering me a smile but I couldn't return it. My face fell as I realised that I couldn't see anything at all which only meant one thing.

Tears brimmed in the back of my eyes and the worst thoughts possible came into my mind.

Come on, baby

Then the doctor said, "we're just gonna look for a heartbeat now."

I nodded, sniffing and wiping my eyes, trying to stay positive but I was failing miserably. I let out a shaky breath, sniffing.

Nothing.

I couldn't hear anything.

The doctor was moving the equipment around my stomach, and when I looked at his face, I knew already.