Chapter 18: Past

"The past is the past."

Mercy

Chapter 18: Past

"
The past cannot be shred like a snake's skin."

CLARK STARED AT THE GIRL

CLARK STARED AT THE GIRL. A laugh had erupted from the two. As the two laughed,Katherine had leaned on him. Elena stared at the two,confused.
"So your dating?"

They continued to laugh,harder now.
"Oh,god. This is hilarious. No,I had helped Katherine. Had she had helped me. As she ran away from Klaus,I had always distracted him,you know killing him. I had even almost ripped his heart out,a least until Elijah had came to save him."

Elena was still confused,more now than ever.
"So What are you?"

Clark rubbed his head,her speaking and these questions had annoyed him.
"Well,I do consider her a sister. But,we are best friends. She's not my type."

Elena had remembered the way he looked at three people. Bonnie,Jeremy and that Annabel girl.
"Then why did you look at Bonnie and Annabel the way you did?"

Clark shook his head,finding her questions amusing. And it wasn't like he didn't know what she was doing. She was trying to distract him.
"I know what your doing. Trying to distract me. But Annabel just reminds me of my sister. And I'm pretty sure Bonnie hates me,kinda like you do."

Elena looked confused. She didn't understand.
"So you think of Jeremy as a brother? Or you trying to get to me by hurting him?"

Clark laughed at her,shaking his head. She is a fucking idiot.
"At least now I know that you aren't the Gilbert with the brains."

Katherine shook her head,agreeing to what Clark had said.

/////

Clark smiled as he saw his sister. But once he saw that she was speaking to a boy,he ran over.
"Sister!"

Both heads turned to him,watching as he ran over. Once his eyes landed in the boy,he stopped. He felt weird,he didn't feel the way he  should have. He should be angry,not whatever he was feeling.
"Hi...I'm...Cl-Clark. Ama-nda's ol-der bro-ther.

Amanda looked at the boy,smiling as she saw him. She placed her hands on her brother,gently pushing him back.
"It's okay Clark. He's not bad. Trust me."

Clark looked back up towards the boy,who was shorter than him but taller than his sister.
"I'm Joshua,but you can call me Josh."

Joshua held his hand out,waiting for Clark to take it. Amanda gently grabbed her brother's hand and held it up. Which had made Clark shake his thoughts away before grabbing the boy's hand.
"Hi."

Clark smiled at the memory of Joshua. But that was all the boy was now,a memory.

(460)
10/24/19