Chapter 14: Trust

CLARK MASTERS HADN'T EXPECTED FOR THE GIRL TO FOLLOW HIM

CLARK MASTERS HADN'T EXPECTED FOR THE GIRL TO FOLLOW HIM. He had,for a second,thought it was one of the members of the,as he calls them, 'Hate Clark'. Which he couldn't blame them. And he obviously was terrible with coming up with names.
"Wait!"

He turned around,about to say how he wasn't in the mood to talk,when he saw it was the girl who looked like his sister. And he had then remembered that he didn't know her name.
"Um,I didn't expect you to follow me. I just realized,I don't know your name."

She smiled,shaking her head.
"It's Annabel. But,my friends call me A."

Clark smiled,he had called his sister A as well. And she had called him C. Sometimes CM. Which had now gave him a weird vibe as there was a show called 'Criminal Minds' which would change to CM if you narrowed it down.
"Clark,I don't really have a nickname."

Annabel thought for a minute,tapping her foot.
"I know,C. So,C,What are you up to?"

Clark smiled,this girl really reminded him of his sister. And it made him happy and as at the same time. He don't know which emotion to feel. It felt like he had his sister back,but he didn't. She just looked like her and had thought partly the same.

Clark had trusted her,not entirely. Not truly. It was mixed with the fact that she looked like his sister and her personality. He had trusted her,and for a odd reason she had already trusted him. Maybe it was the fact that he saved her,or he never seemed threatening around her.
"Nothing,but planning on staying away from certain people."

He looked toward the group,getting tired of their stares. It was super annoying to be watched by your every move. She turned to see the three girls and boy watching him.
"Why are they staring at you?

Clark chuckled,shaking his head.
"They said I'm dangerous and not safe."

Annabel scanned him,as is that would tell her if he was.
"I don't see it. You saved me,how could you be dangerous?"

She didn't understand why she already trusted him. Why she thought he was age to be around. He had saved her,but they had only met that time and right now.

Clark's mind raced with everything he had done,everything he had caused. All the pain and death that has happened because of him. And nothing had came to mind when he tried to think of something good. Only one thing came to mind,saving Annabel.
"Not everyone is as they seem."

Clark has thought it was a bad idea saying that. But,it wasn't like she would have immediately connect the dots. And how could she? It was crazy to immediately think of vampires and werewolves.

Annabel gave him a look,wondering what he had meant. And even with that being said,she still felt save around him. She felt as if he would stay with her,no matter what. And he felt the same. But,how were either of them suppose to know the real reason behind this feeling?

(538)
7/11/19