sparing with roses and sweets(Soren x Sassy Badass fem reader)

A/n: This story is brought to you by Ccccvvvoo, congrats on the first Soren chapter!!!! I hope it is well to your liking, anyways, shall we continue onto the story itself? (I just got back from my last prom of high school last two weeks and recently graduated high school so if you want to make me even happier, share this story and don't be shy when it comes to requests.)
3rd pov.
Y/n has been apart of the crown guard since age 14, in fact she is the youngest female guard of all time in the history of katolis to be in the crown guard, but the boys obviously beat that record, as a young boy by the name of Soren got in before her, practically a prodigy in the art of swordsmanship. But within the first few years of being on the crown guard, Soren and Y/n didn't get along on good terms, so to avoid too much tension, they spared against each other in secret. But now they have matured in their ranks and get along fairly.
Y/n's pov.
I was sparing with Soren today as that is the only person that is on my level of training, though when we train against one another, the loser from the last session gets to dress as an elf, as that is actually me. I am the elf while Soren is still the dumb teen he is, "what prodigy, you cant match up to speed with me?" I taunted him as that is how we get rid of our anger. " well you just hold still so i can get those stupid horns off your head and on my wall." He said as he took a slash, we knew about eachothers weak points well, but it is rather unfortunate that he has more weak spots than i do, especially in armor. He drove his sword to the ground on accident. He then sees me leap up and get into a tree before he gets it out. " elf, get down here, that is no fair." He called out to me. "Why? You cheated last time, why cant I?" I said to him. "Also, an elf probably would be able to use the tree to his or her advantage numb skull." I then jumped off, gave him a little chase, fake slashing him across the chest before a quick fake stab. I was panting. "I win again." Soren then fell to the ground and layed on the ground sweating so much that i can tell he hasnt taken care of his smelly arm pits. "Y/n you cheated." He said once again. "So, back before when we made the rules to our sparring it doesnt state that there was anything against cheating the cheater." He tripped me." Now you win." He laughed. I rolled my eyes at the childish knight. We both walked back to the palace occasionally bumping each others shoulders and talked to each other along the way. "Y/n, thanks for the sparring session, I really needed that." He said. " your welcome, overly fit man. " we both laughed at the joke, " I want to grab some jelly tarts, those sound really good. " he said as we walked towards the bakers shop. "Won't that stunt your health?" I joked. "eh, I think that went well for both our parts we need to reward that exercise of training." He the guided me to the bakers shop where we got our treats, but not before a little Prince came into the shop sneakily and stole a few jelly tarts. But before our guard duty began, we actually took a detour cause Soren wanted to show me something. "Y/n, close your eyes and let me guide you." He said as I did as instructed. He then guided me into an unknown location. " ok now open up. " he said. I open my eyes to the flower gardens. " King Harrow gave me permission to own these flowers, and I didn't have much use, so if you want it, this is yours. " he then proceeded to give me an already cut rose. " look, the truth, I actually like you..... I like you alot, not just as a sparring partner, or a freind.... But something a bit more... " he blushed then took a jelly tart and ate it to try to hide it. I actually let out a small laugh. " oh Soren, you aren't the only one to look at me with the intent of being my partner... " he looked at me weirdly almost as if he did puppy dog eyes. "...I am kidding!" He then let's put a loud with of relief. I then pulled his arm towards me as he almost lost balance. " I honestly feel the same way about you, though quite a good ball, and a geek about getting in shape, and tries to commit to a diet and always ruins it with the irresistible jelly tarts, even when we spar, I actually do it now not out of haterid, but more of less because I care about you. " he then showed a toothy grin on his face as he then cups my cheek. "Look, I love you." He says without hesitation of fear. " Aww, I love you too. " I then embrace him in a hug, it felt really nice just to But him for the very first time. He then rest his chin on my forehead, but to then give me a kiss. When we broke out hug, he then took the rose and put it in my hair. And offered me a jelly tart. " well I am glad that we decided to be truthful to one another, but when we spar, can we count that as a date? " Soren asked. "Sure why not, I can't resist you long enough to say no." He then dived in to give me a kiss on the cheek. He then put his arm around me attempting that couple arm holding walk. I happily completed that by putting my arm around him. We did spend time sitting out where Callum tries to train, eating jelly tarts and sharing stories, getting to know each other more before we had to take on guard duty, but we had fun that day, and the following months unless it we were separated due to a quest, eventually he went out to search for the princes, but when Soren came home with Claudia all battered up, I stayed with him his whole recovery. After all we did spar before,and we had sweets, but it wouldn't be the same without the roses he gives me every time he sees me.