Commander Ginger face (Gren x Fem. Reader)

Authors Note: Hey guys, I had no requests yet so I decided to do another author original idea chapter. Hope you all like it. -Wolfylunapaws AKA the Dragon of Cosmos.

3rd POV 

Amaya and Y/N have been best friends since age 6, and over the years, Y/N has picked up on the beautiful art of sign language, mastered it by age 10. they were sparing partners through out their teen years, and became generals when they were 18, though their path splited when Amaya became High general, Y/N was almost as good as Amaya but serves King Harrow as one of his personal guards rather than a General. Y/N decides to pay Amaya a visit in this wonderful time of peace from the elves, but one musn't be too careful, knowing Amaya, Y/N knows that their are guards almost everywhere in Amaya's fortress. 

Y/N's POV

I was riding my horse at a trotting speed mostly to examine the beautiful forest around me, yet as cautious as I am, I am also examining for thugs and elves who seek to assasinate me. I was staring off into the woods till I heard the rustling of a bush caught me off guard, out from the bushes came a squirrel, who ran across the path in front of my horse, "My goodness, things that are advisable for safety can also be a bit boring." I said to my self, demanding my horse to go a bit faster than it was, due to my anxioty of being jumpscared by another small critter, I knew I had my most trusted weapon of a (your favorite wepon) to (action of favorite wepon) on sight of thugs or elves. I turned to my thoughts to beat the boredom 'I can't wait to see Amaya and Gren, my two favorite people to be with when I am not buisy working for King Harrow as one of his guards.' I saw a top of a fortress from where I was 'I am so glad that this isn't all the way to the boarder.' I made my horse (insert name for horse) start to gallop to the gate. I reached the fortress gate in less than 3 minutes before i made (horses name) come to a stop. "Halt." one of the guards said. "No worries, I am Y/N, (insert battle class) for Katolis, I only come because I wish to see my old friend, High General Amaya." I responded to state my buisness. "raise the gate" the guard yelled as the gate went up for me, I let (horses name) trot into the stables before dismounting. "good (gender of horse)(horses name)" you said as you patted your horse before you walked over to Amaya's quarters. the guards let you in her quarters for you to see Amaya at her desk with Gren reading a book in a chair near by her "Hello Amaya." You said as Amaya stood from her desk, "Y/N, what a pleasant surprise." Amaya signed to you, she walked over to give you a hug, Gren then stood from where he was as he put the book down. Amaya broke from the hug. "what brings you here?" Amaya signed as Gren interpreted her words, "I wanted to visit for a week, King Harrow is letting me off guarding for that much, so I thought I would pay my best friend a visit." I said to Amaya, Amaya smiled "Y/N, you must be tired from journeying, Commander Gren, may you escourt us to the dining hall?" Amaya said knowing both Gren and I can understand. "Yes my General." Gren said in responce as we three walked to the dining hall. Amaya and I were conversing in sign language on the way. "How are Ezran and Callum?" Amaya started the conversation by signing to me. "Your nephews are doing well." "How is King Harrow?" "He is ok, he bonds with Callum every now and then, but still mourns the loss of your sister." "I am sorry to hear that, she did bring the best in him." "she certainly di-" I tripped on a stair, before I can land on the impact of the ground, Commander Gren caught me and helped me up "you alright Y/N?" I began to blush as I came to see he helped me. "uh... yeah, I am." I had regained my balance as he let me go. We made it to the dining hall, it had a tavern like feel, but it was cosy. Amaya and I went to get food, while Gren sat at a table to reserve our seats, when Amaya and I got back to our seats, we began to converse again while eating. "Is there anything new at your fortress while I was gone?" I asked as I took a bite of a chicken leg. "not much. what about Katolis?" Amaya signed."Katolis hasn't changed." I responded before taking another bite. Gren was sitting back enjoying his break of interpreting by having a chicken leg acompanied by a strawberry milk.