The Sad Cupcake | Cha Junho

Cha Junho

Y/N's POV

Y/N's POV

I walked to the bar I was heading to, holding the two pink rectangular boxes. The bar was more of a place to eat brunch or just for enjoyment and relaxation. It was right in front of the beautiful beach. My white lace halter dress that ended up in my mid-thigh and black wavy hair swayed lightly as the ocean breezed swifted.

I scanned the open bar, it still looks as homey and cozy as it was before when I was a little girl. My eyes met a certain pair of light brown eyes. That pair belonged to a rather cute and handsome man that was looking at me. My, my, my a yummy guy.

"Y/n!" I snapped my head at Lila, the 21 year old manager who greeted me with a smile. I blushed lightly at my thoughts.

"Hi Lila! Here's your order." I gave her the two boxes.

I could still feel the handsome stranger's eyes at me. Hot damn, a cute guy is staring at me.

"Thank you babe. Come with me." She answered. I followed her to the counter and sat at one of the high wooden stool.

My eyes checked the small display case that had my cupcakes. I smiled happily seeing as there were only 3 left from the 3 dozen I delivered 2 days ago.

"They look lovely as always, Rose." Lily praised after she was done checking it. I watched her put the boxes in the refrigerator carefully then turned to me.

"Thanks, Lil. How's the sales going?"

"Higher, now that it's summer there's a lot of tourists." She jumped happily.

Suddenly, the cute guy appeared and sat beside me. He glanced at me.

"Can I have this cupcake?" He asked the Lila (who looked like she was going hyperventilate) right now then smiled at me.

"Y-yeah s-s-sure, Sir." Lila stuttered. Heh. Attractive boys make her nervous. I've never seen or heard of him anywhere. This is a small city, everyone knows everyone.

"Thank you, love." He glanced at me again then took his first bite.

I looked at him expectantly. He is eating one of the cupcakes I delivered for this open ocean bar, I wanted to hear this guy's judgement of my cupcakes.

He chewed slowly then his handsome face eyebrows furrowed into the form of confusion.

"Well, put that on my bill." He had on a disappointed look before walking away. "Weird cupcake." He muttered under his breath.

Me being the most sensitive person on earth when it comes to my cupcakes. I grabbed his bitten cupcake in his hand angrily, taking him by surprise and bit into it. Flavor, check. Texture, check, any flaws.... none. There's really nothing wrong with it.

"What? There's nothing wrong with it! It's fine!" I said indifferently at him, thrusting it close to his face.

"There is! I suggest you taste it back again." Waving his hand towards it.

I don't like him anymore, I guess cute faces don't mean anything if you have a bad attitude. I grunted in my head.

"I did! And it's not weird. It's perfectly fine." I said, confused.

His eyes widened with realization as if he did something wrong. "No. It's not fine. This cupcake is sad." He said argued softly. "It tastes sad."

Tears started to pool around my eyes as his statement hit me hard. I blinked them away. No, Y/n! Don't even think about your stupid exboyfriend!

Adjusting the back-pack straps of my bag and stormed out of the bar, practically fuming. Not knowing where I am going since I can't think straight.

Who does he think he is saying my cupcake is weird and all that crap?!

"Wait! Sad Cupcake Girl!"

I turned around and saw the guy who dissed my cupcakes running to me. I immediately continued walking but faster.

A soft hand grabbed my elbow, forcing me gently to face the one who's grabbing me. Guess who it is.

"You're so bloody fast. I'm- Wait."
He suddenly chuckled when he saw my face. "You have some buttercream over here." He pointed to his lower lip.

I immediately raised my hand to clean it out. "No, not there." He stopped me. He looked into my eyes, as if he got me into a trance, I couldn't look away from him. "Here." He lifted his right hand and rubbed my lower lip.

My heart started beating loudly that my ears were ringing as I gazed into his eyes. I forced myself to snap out of it and pulled away from his grasp.

"What do you want?" I demanded.

He straightened up, adjusting his black blazer. "I'm sorry about what happened back there. Guess I just wanted to grab the attention of a pretty girl who caught my eye." He said sheepishly.

I softened completely at his change of demeanour. "Well, didn't go too well right?"

He chuckled. "Yeah, clearly. How about a walk on the beach and free ice cream to make it up to you?"

I narrowed my eyes at the smooth man in front of me. Jokingly pointing at him seriously, "All the ice cream I want?"

He laughed lightly. "Deal, Miss..... Cupcake Girl?"

"Y/n, my name is Y/n."

"I'm Chan Junho. It's nice to meet you Miss Cupcake Girl."