Drummer Girl | Episode 1

Y/n ran towards the busy building with her checkered bag pack slung on one of her shoulders, her charms letting out jingly sounds. She had just received a call from one of the producers from the survival show Produce X 101 requesting her presence.

"Y/n! Where are you?" Pd-nim called out frantically as she was in the middle of practice.

"I'm at the studio, why? What's wrong?" She replied, confused at his state.

"You know how your entertainment decided to have a live music auditon for their trainees?"

"You mean Channie and the others?" Y/n mentioned her co-trainees that joined the survival program they had been preparing for months for. Sucks for them actually, they were a band in training not k-pop idol group in training.

Y/n was actually a trainee but she had sorted herself into the acting, modelling and band department too. She had the talents of an idol but she wasn't really into the scene of the idol world.

"The drummer, Xion, that was supposed to play for them got an asthma attack and had to be taken at the hospital. We need you to fill in."

She stood up with a bewildered face. "What? You know that I just practiced their peformance for fun and because Xion and I are buddies. Don't they have a back up performance or something?"

"All of their performances have live music! Now please come here like right now, you got 10 minutes to practice with them. You'll be fine, you know their entire performance."

"Is Xion okay?"

"Oh my god, just come now!"

A couple of people glanced her way as she hurriedly walked along the hallway. She was a foreigner, a gorgeous Brazilian teen with long curly hair and beautiful features.

Looking down at her clothes, she let out a hopeless sigh. A yellow crop top that showed her toned stomach, some highwaisted skinnies that had that trendy red line on the sides and to match her bag, she had on her checkered Vans slip ons.

This'll have to do. She thought. There's only famous people and 101 trainees that'll probably see me. Nice.

What the hell she might just be doing in Korea? Well, Y/n's father was Korean. Surprise, surprise. There was no hint of Korean features on her except her perfect porcelain skin that she got from her father.

"Y/n! Finally you're here. Come now." The producer dragged her to the backstage and told one of the staffs to put on her aids. "You won't be showed on screen and you'll be perfectly hidden from the public so don't worry."

"Okay, thank god." She nodded.

She glanced at the little opening at the curtain before her and saw Dongwook, the other trainors and the trainees. Chan, Leo and Gabriel were already on stage with their guitars, piano and bass. The three trainees were supposed to move at the center of the stage when a playback will play for them to sing and dance to the rest of the song.

The three rushed down as they were called by the staff to have a short meeting with Y/n.

"Oh my god Y/n! We're so sorry about this." Chan spluttered out with Leo and Gab following him.

She ignored them. "Is Xion okay?" She asked instead.

"Yeah, he won't be able to be joining today. He'll be performing and be assessed solo when he comes back." Gab explained.

Y/n breathed out a sigh of relief. "Okay now tell me the run through of your performance. I know all of it but I just want to make sure."

Their leader Leo explained everything clearly and as she hoped, it was the same piece as Xion and her have practiced.