20- Promise

Me and C/N have been best friends since 3rd grade, and we both had so much in common.

C/N was a new student in school, and we both hated interacting with people, and the teacher just happened to ask me to show C/N around school.

We both started acting rude to each other, saying "I dont care" or "Don't talk to me", until we realised how much we were alike.

We started hanging out with each other and became closer each day.

~10 yrs old

"What do you wanna be when you grow up, C/N?" I asked.

"Hhmmm" he said, while thinking. "A famous musician or composer, idk, anything doing with music"

"No way, me too " I said cheerfully.

"Let's keep a promise then"

"Like what?"

"We both will become partners in music, become famous and NEVER leave each other's sides, promise?"
C/N said, sticking his pinky out.

I smiled. "Promise" I said, intertwining my pinky with his.

~15 years old

"What d'you mean? It's a joke, right? Haha, very funny, C/N" I choked, almost crying.

"I wish I was joking, Y/N. But my family have to leave. My mum found better paid jobs abroad" C/N mumbled, looking down.

"Y-you can't leave, C/N.. I-I-"

C/N pulled me into his embrace.

"I don't want to leave, Y/n. But I dont have a choice, I need to stay with my family"

Tears started falling one by one, until I sobbed, turning tiny raindrop tears into a gushing waterfall.

I kept lightly punching C/N's back.

"Dont leave. I need you..."

C/N let go. "I have to go" He pitifully said.

He turned and walked away.. until I shouted,

"YOU PROMISED ME"

C/N stopped dead in his tracks.

He turned around to face me and walked back.

He gently placed his lips on mine as tears started to escape his own eyes.

"And because I broke that promise", he started and raised his pinky, "I promise, I will come back for you, and we will be the greatest musicians the world will ever know"

I sniffled. "Promise?"

"Promise."

Scared that he might break another promise, I still lock my pinky with his, and leaned our foreheads against each other.

C/N pecked my lips once more. "I'll be back" he whispered.

I nodded as he left.

~18 years old

I came into school wearing a hoodie and black jeans.

Life has been so empty without C/N. I haven't been doing anything to do with music lately, not until C/N comes back to me.

I sat in the back of the classroom until the teacher came in.

"Okay, class. We have a new student with us today"

I wasnt bothered to see who it was, so I kept my head down on my desk.

"May you introduce yourselves?" The teacher asked.

"Yeah, sure" a familiar voice answered.

Curious, I lifted my head and shocked to see C/N standing there with a bright smile.

"I'm C/N, nice to meet you all"

I was just staring at C/N, hoping he'd notice me.

"Alright, you can sit over there" the teacher said, pointing at two empty seats.

The bell rang and I called out to C/N.

"C/N, wait up!"

"Hey, do you need anything" he asked.

"Do you remember me?" I asked with some hope.

"Sorry, you seem unfamiliar" he said with an apologetic look.

No no no no.

"Remember, we said we'd be the greatest musicians ever?" I said as tears threatened to fall.

"U-hm yeah, it does seem familiar, I guess, but doesnt really ring a bell"

"W-what?" Unbelievable.. a tear ran down my cheek.

"Huh? W-why are you crying?" He asked, wiping my tears away

"I'm sorry" C/N said as he turned and walked away..

Sobbing, I once again shouted.

"YOU PROMISED ME"

As if the scene replayed all over again, C/N stopped dead in his tracks.

"Y/N." He whispered, loud enough for me to hear.

He swiftly turned to face me and ran up to me.

He pulled me into his embrace as he cried on my shoulder.

"I've missed you so much" he mumbled.

"You scared me so much, I thought you've completely forgotten me" I said in between sobs.

"Anyway, we're together now, my love" he said as we leaned our foreheads together.

~24 years old

I was nervous, seriously nervous, until C/N took my hand.

"You ready?" He asked.

I breathed in and out. "Yeah, let's do this"

We both went through the curtain as millions of people cheered our names.

I grabbed my violin and C/N sat in front of the piano.

We both became famous musicians, like we promised.

The End