Sleep...

Sleepless eyes stared blankly at the ceiling, blinking slowly as the night wore on. It was like a sad tradition for the redhead as he laid awake like every night. only this time his thoughts where occupied, by questions and a young man dressed in orange.

He didn't know much about the other boy but what he did know was that he was a happy energetic ball of light. He was a free spirit,burdened by a curse from birth just like himself. Gaara envied the other teen, it made him sick to see the happiness filled ninja smile all the time. always cheerful and without a care in the world.

"Disgusting"

The redhead spat the word like it was poison. turning over in his bed he muttered various other tasteless words before sighing. why was it that this man consumed his every thought? Was it because he survived their fight? was it because he was a jinchuuriki like he was? the vessel just couldn't put a finger on it and it annoyed him.

He was beginning to think of other reasons when a piercing pain shot through his head like a knife.

he was getting a headache.

Sighing the vessel could only wonder before his thoughts where further ripped from him by the demon within. 'you look tired young one, you should sleep' the demon within cooed. trying to get the teen to give in to possession and the blood lust within.

"Very funny Shukaku... but I'm not tired."

He was too confused to be tired. hopefully at dawn he could sort out his feelings and the emotions that plagued his wounded heart...