Calm...

Entering the apartment the two set down their bags in the kitchen after removing their shoes.

Naruto, eager as always; made a mad dash to the kitchen to begin putting the groceries away so his roomate could begin cooking sooner.

Gaara on the other hand took a moment to remove his jacket and hang it on the wall hooks in the front hall closet. Locking the door and turning on the heat, he finally stepped into the main of the apartment and looked around at the new and beautiful furniature that had been expertly placed. Quality work for a quality dollar. He was verily pleased with the fact that even the colour schemes matched his idea. And the fake fireplace he had purchased blended right in.

Walking over to it as Naruto was clattering fresh washed dishes into the cupboards just steps away, he turned on the fake fireplace and was impressed as it even mimiced the sounds of a roaring and crackling fire.

"Eh? Woah! We had one of those? Since when! Is it real?"

Naruto called out from the open kitchen, his excitement and curiosity apparent on his face as he watched the fake flames, lick at the plastic logs from behind the glass.

"I bought it today while we where in that stuffy store. I thought the TV would look nice on it."

"It looks great!"

Turning back to the drawers, Naruto put away the cutlery as Gaara finally entered the kitchen. Placing his hands on the cold granit counter, he knew he'd have to get used to the feeling. Hopefully however, his knives wheren't blunt from the move.

Patting the Uzumaki's shoulder and giving him a small kiss on the cheek, Gaara motioned for him to move off and go work on the boxes as he took over. He felt awkward kissing the other so much, however if his sister had taught him anything about getting used to things. It was to act on that which made you feel uncomfortable until it no longer fazed you. Wether it meant, actually doing that which makes you feel uneasy. Or at the very least, talking about it.

Looking over his shoulder towards the blond, he could see the supressed smile the Uzumaki was trying so hard to keep to himself as he cut open boxes and placed the items around the house. Most of them where pictures, books and various scrolls which all got a place on the wall shelves that surrounded the TV and fireplace. Seeing as the two had already made a major dent in unboxing their personal belongings, all that was left where their clothes as well as minor items like toothbrushes and various other basic necessities.

As the blonde behind him busied himself with the tasks of setting up their new home and making it comfortable, the redhead began to cook. It hadn't taken him too long to unbox their kitchen supplies as well as those which he would need to cook with. Placing the ricecooker on the table he set it up and let it sit unplugged as the fresh washed and soaked rice, waited to be cooked in it's bed of jasmine tea and warm water.

"Naruto. Do you want a drink?"

"Water would be nice!"

The blond called out from the bedroom, the feint sound of glass clinking in the background could be heard as he ripped the plastic wrapping off their brand new bed. Sure it was actually his alone, but Naruto remembered Gaara mentioning something about at least enjoying laying down if not to sleep.

Pulling a long string of lights from a box, the Uzumaki took his time wrapping the cord around the posts of the canopy bed. Making sure not to entangle it with the long dark blue and shimmering gold celestial curtains his boyfriend had bought. After doing all he could to finish unboxing, the leaf nin was left with a rather large pile of cardboard to be thrown out. It wasn't much of a problem however and as the delicious smell of lemon and ginger filled the house, the Uzumaki's mouth began to drool.

"Oh man. That smells awesome!"

"Let's hope it taste's good."

Gaara's reply was short as he brought a wooden spoon to his lips to taste the sauce. his face scrunching up slightly as he shook his head and added some sugar and water. Mixing it together and letting it simmer to completely desolve the sugar before he tested it again.

"Much better."

"Is it ready?"

Naruto spoke up as he re-entered the apartment after leaving for a moment to remove the cardboard. Recieving a short nod from the other got him excited as he made his way to the kitchen to pick up the means in which to set the table.

Only when finished, did Gaara walk over with two large bowl like dishes; setting them down on the table before returning to the kitchen to fetch their rice and some tea. Sitting down with the Uzumaki, the two sat rather close to one another. After such an evening most would feel strange and want to be far from their partner. But for the two, they couldn't have felt closer.

There was no one in the world that understood his pain like the redhead before him did and it made Naruto feel all the more lucky and happy he chose to act upon his feelings.

"Gaara..."

"Yes?"

"If i hadn't kissed you..." - "What do you think would have happened."

"I.. I don't know." - " I'm sure it would have happened either way. If by you starting it...or."

"Or?"

Setting down his chopsticks, Gaara looked at the table for a strong moment before he finally raised his head and looked at the pools of saphire that greeted him. He knew he couldn't hide the truth from the Uzumaki. He was sure he could try, but it would be painful. So instead of hiding behind a mask.. He decided to come clean.

"Naruto.. I've Liked you... I've.. Felt this way. For a long time. Eversince the chuunin exams." - "Perhapse even before then. For the longest time i thought it was just curiosity. But the more time i spent around you, around your friends.. I slowly realised just how i felt about you."

"Gaara.."

"Lo..ve, Is not an easy word for me to say."-"But when i'm with you.. When i think about you. It's the only word that comes to my mind. You put me at ease.. I. I'd be lost without you... I--"

Gaara was cut off by the sudden feeling of tender, gentle lips pressing roughly against his own. As well the clattering of empty tea cups as they where knocked over from the Uzumaki's sudden and abrupt movement in order to kiss the one whom sat on an angle from him. Raising a hand to hold the wrist of the Uzumaki as he cupped his face, Gaara's skin felt a flame as his heart raced. His thoughts became an incohearent puddle as he melted into the deep kiss. It was only when they parted did he come to realise he was short of breath.

"Naru--"