Promise - Ch.29

"Gaara.."

"I'm sorry..."

"No. Don't be."

Naruto hushed as he held the other close. He felt a twinge of pain in his chest. It hurt him to have to think about just how lonely the other must have been growing up. Just like him..

No friends and feared by those of his villiage. Normally he would have wondered what it would have been like to go through that, but in this special case. In this single one and only case.. He understood perfectly.

"Gaara.."

"Yes?"

"I promise... No matter what happens. No matter what my friends think of our relationship. I promise i'll never leave you."

Looking up at the other, Gaara gave a quizical glance. Had something happened? Why was Naruto saying this all of a sudden? It was unlike him to be so serious. But either way, the redhead apreciated the honest gesture. it soothed one of his many worries in term with their new found bond.

"You mean it?"

"I mean it."

Sitting up and out of the other's embrace he looked back to the confused blond laying below him. The cold compress of a towel that had once been on his head now falling to his lap below, slowly and gently soaking the sheet with that little water remianed entraped.

"What if... What if you're friends are right though?"

"What do you mean?"

"What if i'm not good enough... what if i hurt yo--"

"Gaara! Don't say that!"

Naruto shot up in the bed, shocking the redhead whom jolted defensivly when tanned hands grabbed and gripped his shoulders.

"Gaara. Promise me you'll never think like that! Or say that again! There's no way you could ever hurt me! Not in any way that i would love you any less! You mean the world to me and if i have to tell you every day; If i have to remind you every morning i will!"

"Naruto.."

"Gaara, I love you. I don't care who thinks it's strange or wrong or what ever! Nothing's gonna make me change my mind."

Blue eyes softened as tanned sunkissed hands moved from holding the other's shoulders and down to pale silk soft hands.

"I've never been as happy as when i'm with you.. I don't want to think of what it would be like without yo--"

"You're crying."

Worried words from the redhead before him cut off the blond's words and train of thought as he looked up suprised to the other. He barely had noticed the thick globs of tears that where running down his cheek. Perhapse he would have never noticed if not for the other.

Wiping away what he could, Naruto looked down in a silent shame for letting his emotions get the best of him. But as tender lips touched his cheek, he noticed just how close the other had gotten.

Having his hands tightly held, Gaara found no other option to clear the other's tears away but with his lips. Hoping the other wouldn't mind the shy butterfly kisses.

"Sorry for cutting you off..."

"No.. It's okay. I guess i just have a lot of feeling about this."

Sighing softly, he let go of the other and moved to lay back in the bed. Finally raising his hands to clear what was left of his tears. Not minding the as the bed jostled gently as his partner joined him. A heavy shifting sigh leaving him as he stared for a moment to the ceiling above.

"I promise..."

Flowers for a killer.जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें