An ocean of silk...

Looking up to the building the Uzumaki dropped his bags in awe. Large balcony's filled with plants, massive wall sized windows to let in lots of light. It was even more impressive then the Uchiha's apartment, and for Naruto to admit that to himself was a big deal.

"Whaaaaatt!? This is where you live!?" 

"Yes."

"This place is huge!!"

"Not really. My house is bigger."

"Your.... house?"

"It's actually my dad's..."

"Oh."

Following the vessel into the apartment building, the Uzumaki couldn't help but admire how well cared for the building was. Pure white walls, expensive paintings and even a chandelier in the massive main hall. It was like a five star hotel and looked like one. Staring at the beautiful ceiling and the water fall that accented it, he could barely hear his name being called by the boy he accompanied. At least until a pale hand placed it'self and tugged gently at the cuff of his sleeve.

"Huh? Oh! Sorry... It's really pretty here!"

"Hm, it's nice i guess. I think your going to cry when we get upstairs."

Gaara openly teased the other, his eyes turning to the elevators at the end of the lobby. Walking toward them he lead the blond who was all too easily distracted by the beauty of the building. Only when he was dragged inside the spacious elevator did he finally snap back to reality and give the redhead his undivided attention.

"So... how many floors are there?"

"Eight."

"Really? Mine only had four!"

"I counted three..."

"There are apartments in the basement. hehe"

"Ah."

With both watching the lights above display the floors they where passing, the two readied themselves when the final floor approached. With doors opening the two walked out and made their way to the apartment. Withdrawing keys from his pocket the vessel unlocked the door and opened it, flicking on a few lights from the main hall to show off the modern styled apartment, it's large window like walls faced the hokage's mountain and gave off a perfect view of the village lights at night. Dimming the little lights that sat peacefully above the front door, the vessel threw his keys on a small table and walked in. Placing his gourd down in a secluded space where it wouldn't be bothered by the two.

"Go ahead and explore. I'm going to make some tea."

Gaara spoke softly with the gentle but all too obvious rasp in his voice. It was strange and somewhat confusing to have company over. He wasn't used to having anyone but himself in his apartment. It was his own haven, his personal retreat where no one really bothered him. This feeling, of company was new to him and somewhat nice. As he brought a small teapot from a cupboard, he sank slowly into the feeling of relaxation and peace. Naruto had a strange affect on him, one he wished to experiment and study on. The blond always made him feel calm and neutral in his company. It was odd but pleasing to the preferably silent vessel.

After the two had fought in the forest, the vessel had longed to suppress his chaotic side and become at peace with himself. Maybe even the demon within. But even now, when he thought these things the insufferable monster within cackled and tore apart the fragile peace he was trying to build.

"Listen to yourself. Peace? Tranquillity? It's all just a joke. It never lasts."

"Child, chaos is your maker and death, your friend."

"No, shukaku. Chaos is your maker. Not mine."

"Death... Death is a friend to no one."

"Suit yourself."

As the tea slowly began to boil, the vessel added the leaves and let them steep as he took the pot of the heater. Setting it down on a cloth so it could sit. Leaving the kitchen he made his way through the apartment, wondering where the blond had gone and why he was suddenly so quiet after having just been screaming and running from room to room.

Entering the bedroom however, he found his answer. Naruto was laying on his bed chuckling softly as the water within, rocked him softly like a river of soft satin and silk.

"I see you found the bed."

"Oh man, Gaara this bed is soo comfy!"

Naruto laughed, his eyes remained closed but he knew the redhead was standing in the doorway, calm and quiet as ever. If not for his own breathing, Naruto was sure he could hear Gaara's. Sitting up slowly and trying his hardest to claim balance on the always and ever moving waterbed, the Uzumaki smiled a bright smile to the other.

"Your place is so cool! It must have cost a fortune!"

"Not really.. Do you want some tea?"

"Oh! Yeah sure!"

Following the sand-nin out of the room he skipped happily behind him and followed to the kitchen that looked on to the living room, it's island long and large enough to host to a company of six or seven. However it was obvious to the Uzumaki from it's mint condition that it had only ever served to one and one alone. Sitting down on a stool, tanned hands ran softly across the marble top, feeling it's soft cold surface as a teacup was placed before him. The smell of Jasmine invading the Uzumaki's nostrils and coaxing him into a sleepy and relaxed state.

It was heaven.

Stifling a yawn, the blond sipped his tea before he had to place it down in the presence of the redhead, his head nodding and tanned lids drooping as sleep overtook the blond. getting up slowly the boy made his way to the couch before pale hands gently coaxed him to follow. Leading the orange obsessed boy to the bedroom where he would be left to curl up and sleep, covered caringly in the silk and satin blankets. With the dimming of the lights, the vessel would leave the other to sleep peacefully. He however, would take up the living room to watch horror movies and read until the sun returned.