Sweet as sugar...

"This neighbourhood is known for break-ins and robbery."

Sighing naruto threw his keys on a little table by the door and turned on the lights. the area was a tiny bachelor apartment,with a kitchen that took up one small wall and a tiny living room that accompanied it.

Down a short hall was a bedroom and a bath. Either way it was home. Showing the redhead over to the two seating table he pulled out a chair for the other and went on his way to make some hot cider.

"It's fine. It's a nice place."

Gaara noted,sitting down and watching as the other moved around the small kitchen. A new feeling washed over him, not all at once; But slowly.

The feeling ached and tugged at the redhead's heart, It was guilt. Sure he didn't feel guilty for something he had done,but he felt guilty that his new friend was living in such squander, were as he was living in the lap of luxury.

Looking around Gaara made note about how decrepit his crush's place was. cracks in the walls,rusted bars on the little window he had. It was far from what the vessel would call home,however he said nothing.

He continued to watch the blond who had now begun to hum a tune,gentle and sweet like a melody meant to lull one to sleep and for gaara, it was working. His eyes began to droop and his head nodded slowly until it hung motionless. He was fading and fast but as fast as he was loosing to sleep, he was awoken by the sharp tap of a pair of cups on the table.

"Ah, gomen. Did i wake you?"

Naruto chuckled,apologizing to the other as he slowly sat down, noticing the timid blush that set on the other's cheeks as they looked around and apologized. Pushing the hot mug forward to the other he sat back in his chair and sighed.

"No. You didn't."

Gaara sighed, Taking the mug from the other he blew gently on the hot liquid like it was tea. before taking a small sip. Jade eyes shot wide open as the sour sweet taste sent a jolt through the other's body.

Licking his lip slowly he continued to drink,but in bigger portions before completely downing the cup. It was good, Not to empowering of the one flavour. It made him shiver with how sour it was as it ensued a craving for more.

Placing the mug down he put a hand to his mouth and wiped what had remained of the cider upon his lips.

"Good huh?"

Naruto chuckled, the redhead's eyes where twinkling like he had found a new favourite thing. Grabbing the teapot he had used to heat the drink he refilled the other's cup only to watch him down it once more.

"Careful, too much might make you sick."

The blond openly noted to the other, having a smile grace his face when the other nodded and started to sip slowly from the cup. Kami he was adorable and naruto knew it all to well. Sitting across from the other he placed both elbows on the table and rested into the palms of his hands.

He loved watching the redhead before him, shy when alone but fearless in the face of others. He wish he could know what went on in the tormented mind of his new found crush.

"Naruto. Can i ask you something?"

Gaara finally spoke up,ripping the blond from his sappy romantic thoughts. Leaving a puzzled face upon the other he sighed and thought hard on how to word things. He didn't want to upset the blond before him nor did he want to scare him away. Even if the question was a simple one.

"Sure, what's up?"

Naruto looked to the other before him, a gentle welcoming smile upon tanned lips and features that had the redhead before him musing over like a peice of delecatly sculpted art. They where young and love was like butterfly kisses on their minds. Sweet and gentle.

Placing pale hands down from the mug and onto the table below the Vessel would look around the two of them before finally asking.

"Why do you live in a place like this? It's broken, dangerous and full of harmful mold. Not to mention people." Gaara sighed as he asked, seeing someone who meant the absolute world to him living in a place like this made him sad. Naruto deserved so much more. If he could, Gaara would happily give him the world. Or perhapse a mansion like home at least. But the Uzumaki's answer would catch him off guard, if not set an idea in his demon plagued mind.

"Because it's all i can afford."

"Well then i guess you're just going to have to move out."

The Vessel's responce was straight to the point. He didn't like to waste time going about reasons nor excuses. Then again, it was how he was seen as being so blunt and straight forward.

"Eh?! Gaara! How can you say that?! I can't just pack up and leave! where am i gonna go!?"

"Well you're going to live with me obviously."

Picking the tea mug up and bringing it to tender soft lips, the redhead would sip his cider as he took a breath from speaking. Only to continue shortly after.

"My family is rich Naruto. We'll buy an apartment or you could simply live with me in mine. It would be nice to have company and your company is the kind i wouldn't tire of. If i was to be honest..."

"R-Really? Are you sure? I can't just do that to you Gaara!"

Naruto stuttered out of shock and a hidden excitement. He had always dreamed of living in a nicer home as well as having a roommate. This was like a dream come true. Right up in the ranks of being hokage.

"I'm sure Naruto."