Chapter 5

Knowledge POV
2 days later

"Aye boss we got a problem. That girl you got me watching, fled her house a couple of days ago. You know the one you told me to watch she was all bruised up and shit, also she has a warrant out for her arrest." Ethan told me, he was this good ass computer scientist nigga that I paid good money for to help me spy on some shit, and get into things.

He showed me pictures of her showing the proof of where her bruises were. "Aight what's the warrant fa'?"

"Um, assault with a deadly weapon, and kidnapping.  Says here she reportedly beat her stepdad in his head with bricks until he began to have continuous seizures, then tried to hit her mother with a lamp, but missed. When mother got away into a room she couldn't get into, her mom realized she left her 5-year-old in the other room." I pulled at my chin hair thinking of how I was going to go about this now that she didn't tell me.

"You got tabs on her right naa?"

"Yeah, She is with Amei and Tae at IHOP on Mae street and 4th right now. That is in downtown Dallas." He spoke

"Aight thanks E." I dapped him up before going to my all-black with window tint 2019 S class Mercedes Benz.

I was so pissed right now because I told her hard-headed ass to tell me if something went down. We could've avoided this case by being on her in the first place, driving so fast I didn't even notice me parking in front of the IHOP and seeing them sitting in the window. Getting out I walked towards the door going in and hearing the loud clank of plates and families chattering, walking over to the table Amei sat at She cheered loudly calling my name.

"Knowledge!" She smiled brightly

"Hey, Mei-Mei, What are you eating?" I said kissing her forehead while she hugged my neck.

"Frenchies." She smiled widely as she held it up for me to see.

"How you been Mei?" I said watching as she continued to eat

"Good but we live with uncle Tae now," Mei said shrugging her shoulders as she continued to eat, she was doing a happy dance along with it.

I looked over at Tae, then Ariana, while Tae looked at Ari, and Ari looked out the window. "So you not gone speak to me?" I asked Ari waiting for an answer.

Once I didn't get a response I grabbed her hand pulling her out of the booth with me, walking until we were outside the restaurant sitting at one of the tables outside. She kept trying to pull away from me but my grip on her was kind of strong, she was making my blood rise slowly but surely. "Let me go Knowledge."

Jerking her towards the table I sat down, while she stood with tears coming from her eyes. I waited until she got herself together, then demandesheer to sit down. "So you going to tell me what's up? Or do I got to go get your friend to tell me?" I spat staring at her.

"Knowledge it doesn't even matter anymore, it happened and I'm over it." She lied while still trying to wipe away tears that continuously fell from her eyes.

"Stop lying to me, and it does matter because you could be going to prison for 15 years or more. So tell me What happened."

"What are you talking about? I don't have a case on me." She said frowning

I pulled out the folder that Ethan gave me, showing her the warrant that was out for her arrest. Showing her who filed it, what the sketch of her looked like, and how much her bail was going to be if she saw this and decided to turn herself in. "So once again what happened? I can't save you if you won't tell me what happened."

She sighed heavily rolling her eyes, looking away from the intense glare I had on her. It was as if she was debating on telling me or not which was cool with me too because I had all day to sit here to see what was up with her. Maybe even take Amei with me being that more than likely Ari's mama already gave them Tae and Trina's address if she knew them. Since she wasn't trying to tell me the full story I continued to ask her questions, "Does your mama know that you're with Tae? Does she know where he lives? That you and Amei are staying with him? You do know that; not only is that a warrant for you but for somebody who identifies Amei as well right?"

This time she looked at me, then back down at the pictures and police reports that I gave her. "How many years do you honestly think I would get for this Knowledge?"

"Like I said 10-30 years, if there is evidence, and if you have a good lawyer maybe even the lowest could be 2-5. It all depends on what you tell me right now at this table." I said leaning forward.

"Knowledge how do I know you won't just turn me in for that award money? I don't know who to trust right now, to be honest with you." She spoke up making me scrunch up my face at her.

"Turn you in! Type of nigga you got me mixed up with huh? That little ass shit they offering is pocket change fuck wrong with you. Just admit you don't want me to help cause you to think you can handle this shit. News flashes dumb ass you can't." She stared at me harshly but I didn't give a fuck she was being naive.

"Fuck you knowledge I don't need you for shit! All you're going to do is throw that shit back in my face."

Ariana's Pov

I honestly didn't know how to feel while I repeatedly scanned my mother's name on the police report, that's what hurt me the most. Knowing that she did that how could I trust anybody else? How could I ensure my safety, let alone Amei's? Even though Knowledge had taken Amei on one little date, I watched and heard everything they did because of the little secret camera in Amei's teddy bear. I had given it to her when she was 2 and she kept it forever, all I did was charge him every night and change his lenses.

"I don't give a fuck about you honestly. The only reason I'm sitting here is that if you go down, Amei goes right with your fucked up moms and pops. To prevent him from beating her ass, just like he did you, I need you to take your ass to court and beat this case. Otherwise, you might as well hand over Amei ya' self!" He spoke harshly staring at me with this look of disgust.

"Since you already know what happened why even ask me the bullshit Knowledge! Just stop acting aif s you care, or that you could even fix my problems because you can't! I don't need you!" I yelled at him, making a few people turouror way. Standing up I grabbed all the papers he handed to me and walked back towards the restaurant, stopping mid-strut I chuckled turning back around. "And a little FYI he didn't beat my ass, nor am I or my sister living with anybody else. So how about you just mind your own fucking business stupid bitch!"

Going back into the restaurant I grabbed Amei and told Tae I would see him later, before getting into my rental car and driving to my condo. The entire time that I drove I couldn't help but repeat everything that Knowledge said along with those stupid ass warrants. Why did my mother hate me so fucking much? What could I have done to make her hate me like that? To want me raped or yet dead? Finally stopping at my house I sat in the car for a while, thinking of my next moves without the help of anybody but myself. I had to do what was best for me. Regardless of how I had to do it, it was going to get done.

Survival of the fittest