46: The Last Cigarette

*

   TAYA's POV:

Our clothes were soaked, but we didn't care.

With our hands clasped together, we just laughed at the people who gave us weird looks as we made our way back inside. Not everyone was giving us weird looks though, some people cheered and whistled at us too. Principal Finn had a concerned look on his face, and Judah just flashed him a wink.

We were making a dash out of the ballroom, followed by claps and cheers. I wished we could stay for one more dance, but Judah had given me an offer I couldn't refuse.

As we made our way out to the parking lot, I caught a glimpse of Hallee's red dress stuck amongst a row of bushes. I couldn't help laugh a little, wondering about that girl and her bushes fetish.

"After you, my lady," Judah had his hand out to me as we reached his motorcycle.

"Why, I thought you said chivalry's dead?" I said as I took his hand, and he led me gently up the bike.

"Not tonight," and that smirk came out again.

*

It was, hands down, the most amazing view I had ever got to witness.

We were back at the cliff, at the old abandoned house. The sky had this pinkish hue as the sun was rising up. A soft yellow light stroke the side Judah's face, and his eyes shone brighter and more beautiful than ever before.

"The sun's coming up," I said when he noticed that I had been gawking at him.

"I'd definitely miss this view," he smiled, leaning down only to plant a sweet little kiss on my forehead.

I was wrapped snugly around his arms. We were cuddling as we watched the stars all night, and we talked until we fell asleep. Falling asleep with Judah next to me had become one of life's greatest pleasures for me. Our bodies were molded perfectly around each other. Nothing could beat the warm feeling that I got from being intertwined with him, not even the air dared separating us.

The definition of a perfect night was exactly that.

"You're sure about selling this place?" I asked him.

He let out a soft sigh as he started drawing circles around the side of my face.

"Yeah, it's about time I let go of the past. Start a new chapter. Hopefully make it better this time around,"

"You know, Gabe's parents are in real estate. They're amazing. And a place like this, they'll find you the right buyer in no time,"

I propped my head up slightly to get a better look at him. He had his face towards the sky, his eyes wandering out into the open air.

How was it possible that from any given angle, he'd still look like freaking Greek-god?

"So many memories here, can't help but feel a little sentimental about it all," he said after a while of silence.

"Yeah," I muttered.

I was replaying all those memories in my head. The first time was when we skipped school together and he took me here. We talked about life and everything in between, and that was probably the first time I realized I was feeling things for him. I kissed him for real, for the first time.

Then I remembered when we came here after the fight at Castro's. He told me that he loves me and I... took a leap of faith that day. Against all my better judgments, I took a chance on him. Fully knowing that if he'd break my heart again like the first time, it would have been the end of me.