5: The Kissing Scene

*

        TAYA's POV:

Remember when I said that my love life was drier than the Sub-Saharan desert? Well...

For the next couple of days, Blake and I were inseparable. We texted nonstop, we met up in secret every chance we got, and we made out—a lot.

It had been a full week of secret rendezvous with Blake Harrison now. We did a great job at keeping things a secret too. I didn't even tell Hallee about any of it, when normally I'd tell her everything. This should be some kind of an accomplishment for me.

*

Today was a Friday, and just like any other ordinary Fridays, the day began with my first period chemistry class. I was in the middle of listening to Mr. Deutsch's boring speech on molecular composition, when I saw Blake's head popped in front of the glass door and motioned for me to come out.

As soon as I got out of the door, Blake grabbed me and pulled me into the next room. It was just a dark and empty classroom. We were reduced to a giggling mess as he reached for my face and I locked my arms around his neck.

"Why aren't you in class, Mr. Class President?" I said to him.

"I have a free period. What class do you have next?" he asked in between kisses.

"P.E.,"

"Well could teach you that,"

I slapped his arm instantly, but the wide grin on my face gave me away. He was smiling as his lips landed on mine again. His tongue slipped through and he started roaming the corners of my mouth, deepening the kiss.

Our tongues were in the middle of tangling with one another when suddenly we heard the next bell rang.

"Ugh," he groaned as we pulled away.

"I gotta go," I shot him a sorry smile.

"Hey um, do you wanna go out tonight?" he said suddenly and my breath was stuck in my throat.

"Out?"

"Yeah. Like on a date,"

I might have just flat lined there for a second.

"Um, yeah," I blinked rapidly. "Okay. A date,"

He shot me a smile and I kept on walking. I wasn't paying attention to what was in front of me and my stupid head hit the door.

"Watch the—"

Thud!

"Ouw!" I squeaked. "I'm okay," I brushed it off quickly, giving him one last smile before I walked out—safely this time.

*

By lunchtime, I was sitting at my usual table with Hallee and Gabe. Blake and his friends sat at the table across ours. We'd steal glances every now and then, while being careful so that none of our friends caught on.

Meanwhile, I noticed Viviane desperately attempted many ways to get Blake's attention, it was sad to see. She'd sway her hips as she passed their table, she'd leaned over a bit too low when she was talking to them, and she'd find ways to touch Blake's arm every chance she got. But Blake mostly ignored her and kept his eyes on me. Honestly, it felt really nice to be wanted like this.

"So, are you excited about today's rehearsal?" Hallee's sudden question pulled me out of my Blake-staring session.

"Sure," I said.