2: The Free Fall

*

        TAYA's POV:

The full moon party was a party like no other. They got everything from a live DJ to fireworks, to bonfire at the beach, and even private rooms for... you know.

This was my very first high school party and I was beyond excited. Little did I know, I was about to learn the three most-important rules of partying— and I had to learn them the hard way.

Starting with Rule No.1: never drink anything they put on the drinks bar.

Ryder had warned me not to touch anything, drink anything, take anything, or talk to any guys at the party. But of course I wasn't taking his advice, because that would practically leave me with nothing to do, while he was off somewhere gallivanting.

Now there was a big bowl of what I thought was fruit punch on the table, I was parched and the drink looked mighty refreshing. So I took down a few huge gulps, only to realize later on, those weren't just fruit punch.

Fifteen minutes into my first high school party and I already felt like throwing up. Could I be anymore cool?

Meanwhile, Ryder was just chilling in the living room with his guys. Ryder and I had made an agreement: he agreed to loosen up the big-brother leash as long as I remain in the same room as him. He looked over to me and gave me a disapproving look when he noticed the red paper cup in my hand. I didn't want him to think that I couldn't handle myself, so I kept my cool, pretending as if the drink had no effect on me.

At this point, Ryder was a bit preoccupied. He and his friends were surrounded by these surfer groupies—consisting of the Taylor Sisters and their clan. The Taylor Sisters are like the Hawaiian version of the Kardashian sisters.

The oldest was Valerie Taylor who was nineteen and currently attending beauty school. People called her the 'manmaker'. You could probably guess why. Next was Vanessa Taylor, the Kim K look-alike. Her and Ryder were in the same grade. Everyone knew she had a major thing for Ryder, except Ryder himself. He was just too oblivious to notice these things.

Then there was Viviane Taylor. Funnily enough, we used to be best friends when we were little. But once we hit high school, she traded me off for cooler friends, as I was too boring for her liking.

The surfer groupies sat around the guys with their tight-tight dresses and high-pitched giggles. Those were the perks of being a hot young surfer in Hawaii. Girls threw themselves at them. They would do anything, and I mean anything in every position, just for a night with someone like Ryder and his friends.

Speaking of Ryder's friends... my eyes darted around the room to see if Blake was around. Blake was a year younger than Ryder, so he was always in my grade, but we never really got a chance to talk. But who knows, tonight might change all that.

Uh oh but suddenly I felt something wasn't right.

That drink was totally not sitting well with me. My hand quickly went to cover my mouth as I dashed out, stumbling around the gigantic house in search of the nearest bathroom.

But here was where I learned Rule No.2: never go into a bathroom without knocking first.

I spotted a bathroom at the corner of the hall, and it wasn't locked, so I barged right in. Not giving in a care in the world, I threw my head straight over the sink.

"Ughh," I groaned. 

It was the worst feeling ever, feeling like you wanted to hurl but your body wasn't cooperating. Nothing was coming out. So I made all kinds of ugly noises, hoping that it would get me to puke. But still, nothing.