28: The Gray Area

*

     TAYA's POV:

"Dude! Where exactly are you? Your mom's been calling me and I've been covering for your ass all day," Hallee was yelling at the top of her lungs as soon as I picked up her call.

"I know, sorry," I whispered as I tiptoed away from the bed. "I'm with Blake,"

"You're with who?! What? How did that happen?"

"Long story. I'll tell you later," I shushed her quickly as I stole a glance over to Blake, who was still sound asleep.

It was almost 4 PM in the afternoon now. After we got up in the morning, Blake and I ended up staying around the resort, enjoying a late brunch, spending some time at the beach, before returning back to the room to take a nap. He looked so peaceful and I couldn't help but notice his gorgeous features as he laid there sleeping.

"Is everything alright? You just up and left last night and you told your mom you were at my house... I thought you were with Ju—"

"Nope, I'm not. I'm with Blake. But everything's fine, don't worry," I paused for a beat and said, "Hals, I can't really talk now, but I'll tell you everything later, okay?" 

"Okay, fine," she sighed. "I'm just making sure you're okay,"

I was pacing back and forth around the bed, my eyes still plastered at the sight of Blake Harrison. I was taking a second to admire his face again, when suddenly I was reminded of Judah. That son of a bitch and the way he slept... My heart wrenched at the thought of him but I quickly shoved it away.

I needed to stop complaining about the things that I don't have. I got a great guy with me, my dream guy, and I should be thanking heavens for it.

"I am, I'll call you later Hals," I said again before finally cutting off the call. And as the call ended, I noticed an alarming amount of notifications on my screen.

   8 missed calls (unknown number)

Who could it be? 

Was it... him? He called me last night, not saying a word, and he just hung up. What kind of sick mind game was he trying to play? Letting out a long sigh, I was about to put my phone back down when suddenly it started vibrating.

   Unknown number calling.

I debated with myself for a few seconds before curiosity finally got the best of me. My finger swiped the answer button and I put the phone next to my ear.

"Hello?" I said cautiously.

"Taya? Hi sweetie, it's Jenny," the woman on the other line spoke.

Judah's mom? Why was she calling me?

"Hi Jenny, umm, sorry I missed your calls," I was stammering as she caught me off guard. "What's up?"

"Taya honey, have you seen Judah? I've been trying to reach him,"

"Um, no, I haven't. After the play was over, we went our separate ways," I swallowed a lump in my throat as I heard his name being spoken out loud.

"Did he tell you where he was going?" Jenny pressed on and she sounded worried.

"No, he didn't. Why? What's wrong?"

"He never came home and I couldn't reach him. I'm worried about him, the last time this happened... Oh God, I hope he's alright," Jenny's voice cracked and I could tell she was on the verge of crying.

"I... could help ask around for him..." I found myself saying.

"Oh, that would be great. Thank you. Please tell me if you hear anything,"