Chapter 28: Epilogue

Seoul, 2089 A.D.

As an experienced time travel tourism agency employee, Namjoon knew trouble when he saw it.

It was usually the little things that gave the clients away. Their outfits, for example. Especially the ones clad in sleek suits and wearing matching rings that screamed omg look we’re married . That kind was the absolute worst. They always thought just because they were getting married they were entitled to having all their wishes granted. Which was just silly—Namjoon had plans to get married himself (that was if his proposal went well—fingers crossed) and he wasn’t going around to stores demanding free service, was he?

But work was work, so Namjoon took a deep breath and readied himself to deal with the two clients. He hadn’t even spoken to them and he already knew their request would be outlandish.

“Big Bang,” said the small one in the lead. “We want to see the Big Bang.”

Namjoon put on his most professional and convincing smile. He was cool and knew his Kpop history now after several tutoring sessions from Jungkook. “You want to… see Big Bang? The band?”

The boy scoffed. “I don’t mean that. I mean the Big Bang. You know, when the universe was born.”

“Uh… is that even physically doable?” Namjoon sent a pleading look at Yoongi, his coworker. Yoongi was sitting at his desk, a piece of toast in his mouth. He made no motion to respond. Namjoon kind of expected that, Yoongi never started functioning until ten a.m. and right now it was only nine fifty-nine. Namjoon would have to deal with the pampered little shits himself for another few seconds.

“I’m afraid we can’t do that,” he informed them. “You’ll just die.”

The smaller of the two crossed his arms in front of his chest. “There’s gotta be a way. I promised Taehyungie. We’re getting married.”

“You need to stop promising Taehyungie impossible things,” Yoongi put in with his characteristic lazy drawl. It was ten a.m. and he had finally gained consciousness. “But congrats on the successful proposal. Not that we even thought for a second that it’d fail, you guys already look like you’ve been married for sixty years anyway.”

“That makes it our diamond wedding,” Jimin said calmly. “We deserve to go to cool places for our diamond wedding. If we can’t see the Big Bang, then you gotta bring us somewhere else just as cool. For free.”

“Jurassic Era Package: Eight Days & Seven Nights in the Land of Dinosaurs,” Taehyung read out loud as he flipped through the catalogue. “How about this one? We don’t have to go for eight days, just today. We’re already dressed in wedding attire. Namjoon can officiate the ceremony and Jinnie already said he’d make cake.”

“We can’t go today,” Yoongi said. “See, it’s not even a work day. We ain’t open.”

“You’re all in the office,” Jimin pointed out.

“We live in the office. You’re inside our home , brats,” Yoongi retorted. Behind their backs, Taehyung and Jungkook quietly smuggled a whole shrimp into Yoongi’s coffee. Noticing Namjoon watching, they each held a finger up to their lips.

Namjoon and Yoongi were indeed living together now, having built an apartment and additional garage on top of their original office with funds generously provided by Jimin, who had inherited a great deal of his father’s money. Hoseok had his own room as well, though he usually just slept in Yoongi’s. As for Jin…