Chapter Eighteen - Troublesome Protocols

Start from the beginning

"Maybe because you don't need to know?" I often used sass as a way to compensate for my lack of security.

"You as-"

"Language," I growled.

"Shut it, Jin."

I sneered at his sudden drop of honorifics.

"Oh, look, they're heading back in."

Yoongi joined me at the window and we watched the feline forms of our colleagues run back into the post.

"Good. I have things to discuss with Joon."

"What things?"

"Really, hyung? Private matters, if you must know."

"That's never stopped you from talking in front of me before."

"Yes, well, I haven't gotten enough sleep lately. I'm feeling cranky today."

I couldn't help but laugh a bit at his retort.

He did need an incredibly abnormal amount of sleep.

I watched as the cats disappeared below us and I walked to the armoire in the corner and opened the door.

I pulled out Namjoon's uniform and all the other garments he would need to put back on.

The downside to being a hybrid that could fully shift was having to shift back and deal with putting all of your clothes back on, that is, unless you shifted when you were angry and upset. It was then you would have to find an entirely new set of garb.

Yoongi had stepped over and opened the door to Namjoon's office.

Our friends would head here first before shifting back. It was preferable to the naked walk of shame.

As we waited, we prepared ourselves.

Both of us had a hand on our weapons holstered to our sides.

It was a trained response to a past tragedy.

One we do not wish to speak about to this day.

* * *

Yoongi

I loved to tease Jin, provoking him to irritation whenever I could.

He was always so uptight.

Jittery.

Nervous acting.

Being around him too long always made me antsy and upset.

I can understand why Joon would have to get away from him for a while.

I watched with quiet appreciation as he looked out for our General, pulling out a clean uniform, socks, and even underwear for him.

I don't know if Joon really understands what a good friend and second-in-command he has in Jin.

As I ponder, my hand slowly wrapped around the handle of my weapon on my side.

I met Jin's gaze as I did so and we shared an unspoken agreement.

I always felt a twinge of sadness when this happened.

But we knew it was something we had to do for the good of all.

In fact, Joon was the one who set up the protocol.