16

Adrien

As the sun came up, I knew I had to go back to school, no matter what I had to do.

"At least turn into Cat Noir!" I head Plagg say.

"No Plagg. I'm doing this as Adrien."

I took a deep breath as a slowly started to make my way out the window. That's all the side of my room was, but I was determined to get out by myself. I draped myself to the other side, and began to climb down the side of the house.

"You know, you should probably transform right about now." Plagg said in a condescending voice.

"Shut up, Plagg. I'm fine."

Ten seconds of almost falling to the floor and meeting my death later, I gave out a sigh.

"Just transform me, Plagg. Claws out."

I felt myself began to turn and I quickly jumped to the ground and catapulted over the wall.

"Why the long face?" Plagg said as I detransformed on the other side of the wall.

"I just wanted to be able to do one thing as Adrien. I can't protect Marinette, I can't convince my dad to let me go back to school, I can't do anything."

I slowly walked to school, hoping that I could at least make today a somewhat memorable day back.

Marinette

I stood at the front of the bakery with a smile on my face, waiting for Alya to pick me up. Eventually I saw her practically run over with a smile on her face an embrace me in a hug.

"Hey BFF!" She said with a smile.

"Hi Alya."

There was a little bit of awkwardness, but I knew it would only be for a moment. Obviously, not everything was going to get better right away, but we were working towards it, and that's all I could've asked for.

"Ready to roll?" She said.

"Of course." I said with a laugh.

We began our short walk to school, and I nearly stopped in my tracks when I realized who was standing at the top of the steps.

"Adrien?" I said in a whisper.

"Wait, I thought his dad took him out of school?" Alya said confused.

"He did."

I quickly picked up my pace as I walked towards him.

"Adrien!" I nearly yelled as I got closer.

"Marinette!" He said with a huge smile.

He quickly pulled me into a tight hug, catching me off guard.

"What's wrong?" He asked confused.

"Your dad.. You said.."

"Let's go inside."

He pulled me inside and around a corner in hopes no one saw us.

"This morning I snuck out and.."

"You did what?" I said too loudly.

"Listen, I wasn't just gonna sit there with all the stuff going on with Lila. I can handle my father, I just wanted to be able to go to school with you."

My heart did a little bounce at these words. He really was sweet.

"But, what do we do about us?" I asked shyly.

"What do you mean?"

"Do we tell everyone we're a couple? Do we even call ourselves a couple?"

"Why wouldn't we?" Adrien laughed.

"I don't know, i just don't want it to get complicated with Lila and everything. And of course that added risk of hawkmoth ever finding out. And oh what about..."

Adrien started to laugh again, which made me cheeks flush pink.

"What's so funny?" I asked embarrassed

"Nothing, you're just really cute when you're nervous."

He continued to smile at me as he grabbed my hand. We walked into the middle of school, gaining the attention of most of the class.

I saw Alya and Nino's faces light up at the sight of it, and many of my girlfriends were exchanging a bunch of high fives. My mouth seemed to be put into an immediate smile, that was until I made eye contact with Lila. She seemed to be telling me to follow her, before she quickly ran into the bathroom.

"Hey, I just need to stop by the restroom before class. See you there." I said with a quick peck on the cheek.

I quickly made my way there, becoming face to face with Lila.

"Really? You needed your boyfriend to come and save you. Pathetic."

"Lila, you've lost. Four of us know the truth, and it's only a matter of time before everyone else does too."

"So what, you're gonna try to expose me."

"No. I'm going to give you a second chance. Be real with people. Stop the lies. And maybe, just maybe, you'll actually make some real friends." I said.

She quickly walked passed me, hitting me with the side of her shoulder.

"Ya, not gonna happen."