3

Adrien

Marinette. My Marinette.

One of my best friends, and I never put it together.

"Do you remember that night?" I heard Marinette start to say. "The night that you set up that dinner for ladybug."

"Ya. We said we both got our hearts broken."

Marinette looked at me with a sad twinkle in her eye.

I hadn't put it together then. I was suppose to meet up with my friends to go to Andre's Ice Cream. I knew Adrien couldn't go out, so I went out as Chat Noir. I didn't even think about my friends. But now, that I'm here, I realized Marinette was there that night too.

"You told me that you had a crush. As ladybug. And that you got your heart broken. As Marinette."

She nodded her head along.

"And it was Adrien. Me?" I asked sadly.

"And you've had a crush on Ladybug this whole time that you didn't notice Marinette." Marinette said to me.

I couldn't help it, but I started to laugh. Marinette lost her brave face and returned to her normal self.

"Wha.."

I just laughed. I couldn't stop myself.

"Marinette we've loved each other this whole time!"

"Love.. love I don't know if you love. I mean love you." She put her head in her hands and sighed.

Marinette looked up with a shy eyes. I scooted towards her a pulled her into a hug.

Marinette

It felt like my heart was doing thousands of jumping jacks. This had to be a dream. No way was Chat Noir, Adrien. I mean he was always bugging me. But looking back, it was sort of endearing.

"Adrien.." I started.

Without a moment to breath, the janitors closet door opened.

"Oh I'm sorry. I thought this was the rest.." the ladies eyes widened. "You're Adrien Agreste! And you're the girl he's been spotted with."

"Not again." I heard Adrien mumble. "Run!"

He pulled me out the door, forgetting all about me knee.

"Ow!" I yelled.

He looked behind it, sorry apparent in his eyes.

"Sorry Milady."

The voice. The face. It finally clicked. How could I have not seen it before. Andre gave me an ice cream that appealed to both Him and Chat. I guess it makes sense seeing as they're the same. Gosh.

"Pit stop at your house?" He said breathing heavily.

"Ya!" I said back.

He nearly guided me to my own home, bursting through the bakery door. With my luck, my mom was standing in the middle of the bakery.

"Oh hello kids." She said when she noticed us holding hands.

"No time now mom! Paparazzi alert. Can you make sure they don't come in?" I said quickly.

"Of course. You 2 go upstairs."

"Thanks Ms. Dupain Cheng!" Adrien rang.

We made it up to my living room before we got to stop and catch our breaths.

"Can.. can we go up to your balcony?"

"Ya.. NO!" I nearly screamed remembering my Adrien shrine in my room.

"No?" He said, looking hurt.

God this can't be happening.

"Minute me give. GIVE ME A MINUTE!" I nearly yelled as I embarrassed myself one more.

I hopped up stairs, keeping my bad leg up in the air. I shut the door behind me as I ran around trying to dismember all the pictures.

"Oh so this is what you were trying to hide." I heard adrien laugh.

A screamed when he said that, because honestly, I didn't even hear him walk in. I tripped over my diary box, and fell again to the floor.

"Marinette!" He said, running up.

"This can't be happening." I said as I buried my head in my hands.

"Hey." He said as he moved my hands away from my face. "If it's any consolation, I have a ladybug doll."

I laughed a little bit as I looked up at him. The green eyes, the messy blonde hair. I really was oblivious.

"Here." He said as he helped me up.

He wrapped his hand around my waist and helped me hop up to my balcony. I sat down on my chair as he looked out over the city. I sat there silently, still trying to grasp everything that just happened.

Adrien

I looked out over the city. Everything seemed to be brighter and prettier now. Everything finally made sense.

"Mari." I finally said.

"Ya?" She said.

"What do we do now?"

Everything should've fallen together right? That would make the most sense. But I guess we both realized the huge problem we were both faced with.

"I don't know." She said sadly.

We were truly each other's weakness now.

Before we got to discuss anymore, her mom opened the door of the balcony. She had said Alya was here to drop off her backpack, and that they were going to have a conversation about skipping school.

"Perks of being a superhero." She said sadly.

"At least your parents notice when something is wrong." I said sadly.

She looked like she was about to ask more, but Alya popped her head up through the hatch.

"Hey girl what's.." Alya stopped her sentence with a smirk. "Oh I'm sorry am I interrupting something?"

"No!" Marinette said quickly with a strict look in Alya's direction.

"Ya. I was just about to leave. See you guys tomorrow." I said as I quickly walked out of her room. So much for that conversation.